DeeCee

Wednesday Numbers Thread | VERY EARLY:CM $8.5-9M

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Why would Thursday drop? The openers are not exactly going to be doing crazy previews numbers. I would be shocked if Captive State and Wonder Park hit above 1M. FFA might due to the demo it is targeting, but even there probably lower than 2M.

Agreed...Wonder Park will have almost no preview box office in areas in school this week...but, it should do decently in areas on spring break (some of the Southern states)...but overall, it's not a high "out of school" week for K-12, so its previews will be limited.  It's looking at being a total Sat/Sun movie draw...

15 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Thats a big drop, I would  expect Thursday to be around $7.5m off a 9.5 wednesday, now 6.5? ... the EG trailer boost should keep it afloat.

That's a normal drop, 41%. Almost on par with GotG2's 38% Wed drop. CM also has a huge increase in Tuesday (+33%) compared to GotG2's 23% increase. CM also had a nice Monday drop, just 72% compared to GotG2's 75% drop. Overall, I expect a multiple like GotG2's 2.6x.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, UserHN said:

That's a normal drop, 41%. Almost on par with GotG2's 38% Wed drop. CM also has a huge increase in Tuesday (+33%) compared to GotG2's 23% increase. CM also had a nice Monday drop, just 72% compared to GotG2's 75% drop. Overall, I expect a multiple like GotG2's 2.6x.

This. Which would get it just over/under $400M DOM.

Captain Marvel's drop doesn't and shouldn't bother folks. While I was impressed with it's Monday-Tuesday number it over performed imo. It will have a stunning second weekend. Remember various schools are in/out of Spring Break so CM will look a bit uneven at times with the daily numbers. It is the weekend that matters most for non-summer films.

I don't know what happened in the Tuesday thread, been out of pocket, sounds like it was a hot mess of immaturity though based on the OP here. 

I don't know about an "Avengers: Endgame" trailer effect, all I know is that after this trailer I NEED TO WATCH Captain Marvel again. How that will affect the second weekend I don't know, but I really need to see this film again. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I don't know about an "Avengers: Endgame" trailer effect, all I know is that after this trailer I NEED TO WATCH Captain Marvel again. How that will affect the second weekend I don't know, but I really need to see this film again. 

Worked on me. I rarely ever see movies twice, I will see this again on April 22nd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Why would Thursday drop? The openers are not exactly going to be doing crazy previews numbers. I would be shocked if Captive State and Wonder Park hit above 1M. FFA might due to the demo it is targeting, but even there probably lower than 2M.

No no, that doesn't fit my rhetoric at all. 

36 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

There ya go :hahaha:

I mean just by usual Tuesday to Wednesday logic, the bigger a Tuesday is the bigger the Wednesday drop will be

Erm I mean, ah damn there goes Captain Marvel, R.I.P. Alita about to outgross it this weekend.