DeeCee

Wednesday Numbers Thread | VERY EARLY:CM $8.5-9M

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

Yup, just making the point that big daily drop Wed is related to big daily bump Tues.    

Also that example illustrates nicely that you make more money with big spike big drop than both being more mild. 

not only that but its still estimates we will know more in a couple of hours could go up  like it did with monday (or low ) 

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

are this early estimates ? 

These are estimates, but very late and should be quite close to actuals since a vast majority of locations have already reported their sales for the day.     

8.7 is among the most boring, normal, right on track numbers imaginable, but after a big OW any day that’s not bad is good in my book

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

... but after a big OW any day that’s not bad is good in my book 

Agree, especially with all highly known franchises,... I think the market changes to more and more 'Chinese situation', like a huge GA rush to early screenings too.

I think per reserved seating the OS part will get even bigger than it already get to

Counting worldwide = might change the parameters for forecasts, and the later estimates again and again.

I am curious to see if the 2nd WE drops will be really that good, if all calculations had the 'out-of-school' during weekdays detail included and such. But will be happy if it gets such kind of drops

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Why is Deadline reporting that Captain Marvel needs to make $750 million to break even? That doesn't sound right. 

https://deadline.com/2019/03/captain-marvel-tuesday-box-office-record-1202574950/

Some days back one of the known outlets said $650m (forgot who it was).

Maybe its a typo - again? Proofreading is not a strength of Deadline

27 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

These are estimates, but very late and should be quite close to actuals since a vast majority of locations have already reported their sales for the day.     

8.7 is among the most boring, normal, right on track numbers imaginable, but after a big OW any day that’s not bad is good in my book

also lets not forget that it had a bigger bump than expected so the drop will also be bigger ,the bump was 33.3 % and beauty and the beast was at 32% ,also beauty and the beast dropped 35% the next day so why we should be suprised if captain marvel has a drop of 36-37 % ?

Thursday projection like 8.3 million?

Gotg 2 dropped 5% after 7.5 million first Wednesday then had a 65 million 2nd weekend. If it follows the same drop it would do 68.3 give or take. Granted that was in early May and 2017. 

Without having read the article, I find it funny that Deadline sites 750 as the break even.  Marvel isn't making movies just for profit and they never really have since IM.  They do it for the money no doubt but they also do it to set up future earnings.  CM is really just a trailer for the next phase of the Marvel universe.  Even if it needed a billion to break even, it wouldn't really matter because their future earnings is all part of the plan.  And I'm not sure how DL came up with 750, that seems kind of absurd.  So they are basically saying Marvel spent 375 million on the film?  I doubt it that's high and even if it is, this notion that you need to earn double your total expenditures is nonsense.

As for what it will potentially make this weekend, I think the drop will be 55-60%, just like most Marvel second weekends.  This is not going to drop less than 50% did like BP.  Also, it's March Break here in Canada this week so the Friday jumps will be slightly lower than normal.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

Fitting for MCU entry 22

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

Why is Deadline reporting that Captain Marvel needs to make $750 million to break even? That doesn't sound right. 

https://deadline.com/2019/03/captain-marvel-tuesday-box-office-record-1202574950/

It will breakeven at the end of Week One, but total at Week One would be $570mn, not $750mn.

The film would be costing $400mn Approx to Marvel. $200mn in from Week One worldwide theatricals and $200mn from ancillaries.

Every penny made from here on point i.e. $225mn Approx ($530mn+ Gross) will be Profit. Yeah there will be taxation and stuff but let's talk raw profit.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

It will breakeven at end of Week One, but total at Week One would be $570mn, not $750mn.

how was black panther after second weekend ? total ?

Edited by john2000