Rorschach

Rorschach Reviews Y5: In the Thick of It

Olive the Other Reindeer

Quite the trip down memory lane, I must say. I don't think I've seen the special this film is based on in over a decade so I was pretty much going into this with fresh eyes again. Needless to say, its a pretty good time, destined to be a Christmas classic. Like the Paddington films,  this is an extremely charming and sweet film that also has a lot of heart to it. Zendaya does a great job in the main role and Take Waititi does such a great job in bringing the special to the big screen all while adding in some of his own directorial flare in the process. 

Spoiler

Also, you can't allude to that final scene of Odyssey 3 and not expect my heartstrings to tugged at 😊

B+

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Splatoon 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

C-/D+

Spoiler

Just kidding. Splatoon is a mildly amusing film that exceeds when its showing off its creative animation style and the fun, unique designs of the characters. When the action gets going, its actually pretty damn fun. The voice acting is solid but the characters themselves aren't much to write home about (although Ice Cube as Octavio was pretty entertaining).

All in all its a fairly middling film with some great animation and voice acting, but a rather middle of the road story and two-dimensional characters keep it from really shining.

B/B-

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Splatoon 

C-/D+

Hide contents

Just kidding. Splatoon is a mildly amusing film that exceeds when its showing off its creative animation style and the fun, unique designs of the characters. When the action gets going, its actually pretty damn fun. The voice acting is solid but the characters themselves aren't much to write home about (although Ice Cube as Octavio was pretty entertaining).

All in all its a fairly middling film with some great animation and voice acting, but a rather middle of the road story and two-dimensional characters keep it from really shining.

B/B-

You almost gave me a damn heart attack.

Question: Did you like the short? Or Trent?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rorschach said:

The short was pretty funny. Are you planning on making CYI2?

Probably but I want to wait until I have a good idea for it. I do have an idea of it focusing on an older Ethan but the family trio is the key for the emotional core.

7 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Preview for what reviews are coming tonight:

Hide contents

tenor.gif

hE-ZYR.gif

So Green Lantern, Squirrel Girl and idk what the one on top is.

Either way it’s time for me to hit the bottle.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

21 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Splatoon 

C-/D+

Hide contents

B/B-

Glad you liked it. Anything i should work on for a potential sequel and my y6 films

1 minute ago, cookie said:

Don't wanna add salt to your wounds, but...

I'm reading Green Lantern now

The first one is much more light and focuses on a fun action comedy, the sequels if God willing get darker and more deep.