charlie Jatinder

Thursday (03/14/2019) Numbers - Early Estimates.

My pre-trailer prediction for CM this domestic weekend was $63.5 million. Now, however, I’m bumping that up to $66.5 million. 

China also appears to be rebounding a little bit, and Japan seems to be having a decent debut. Total worldwide through Sunday estimate, $751 million. 

Also as a reminder, Cap would have been the only film not effected by the 3 films doing previews last night - generally the reason we don't see Thursday increases often. Couple that with the trailer and bam. Good numbers. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Actually, we did over-reacted a look at Infinity War dailies comp.

Captain Marvel Infinity War Difference
Previews ¥15,274 ¥59,506 0.26
Friday ¥214,410 ¥387,260 0.55
Saturday ¥225,210 ¥493,566 0.46
Sunday ¥141,523 ¥331,905 0.43
Monday ¥43,151 ¥109,276 0.39
Tuesday ¥33,775 ¥81,051 0.42
Wednesday ¥27,855 ¥65,007 0.43
Thursday ¥24,150 ¥52,286 0.46
Week One ¥725,348 ¥1,579,857  
Friday ¥40,000 ¥71,891 0.56
Saturday   ¥142,338  
Sunday   ¥132,541  
Monday   ¥31,682  
Tuesday   ¥25,233  
Wednesday   ¥21,247  
Thursday   ¥18,637  
Week Two ¥40,000 ¥443,569  
Rest   ¥367,026  
Total ¥765,348 ¥2,390,452  

CM isn't my top 10 MCU but that's because when you are invested in something you rank and compare. GA does not do that. I knew this would have very strong legs cause it's easy to follow (exposition does help the uninitiated no matter how much fans and cinephiles complain against it), chugs along nicely thanks to Brie/Sam chemistry, characters are likable and the movie's uplifting. That it ties to EG is a bonus but it would have done well without it. I don't think that trailer bump will be one and done but have long range effect, reminding people that the character is essential to EG so catch up with the solo movie. Brilliant job by Marvel as always. 

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

is Gitesh OK? I expected him to post 9M-9.2M estimate for CM as soon as Charlie dropped it but he's quiet. I hope all is well. 

I know some think this is funny.

Gitesh has ~ the same access as not only Charlie has. And Gitesh has other contacts as well.

I do not think its needed to make fun of someone, who's livelihood / reputation can be - at least in theory - get hurt, especially if repeated too often.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I know some think this is funny.

Gitesh has ~ the same access as not only Charlie has. And Gitesh has other contacts as well.

I do not think its needed to make fun of someone, who's livelihood / reputation can be - at least in theory - get hurt, especially if repeated too often.

Sorry. Won't happen again. Good eye opener.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShyGeek said:

Friday early predictions for "Captain Marvel": 19-19.5 million dollars. 

Thank you for your post!

As your post count let me assume you are rather new, only meant as hint,...:

Thursday previews and Friday... go into the weekend thread.

Usually the first who finds for the next day data, and is inclined to do so, starts a new thread then.

But must then also maintain it 😉 why some ppl report it in the last actual thread, like you did. Also o.K., someone will pick it up and run with it, if there is none already opened

In this weekend's case, CoolEric258 has already started one 😉

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Good eye opener.

I hope you do not think I am angry or whatever, I like you and your enthusiasm,... but sometimes people still in school do not think as much about long-lasting impact possibilities as..... 😉