Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread (3/15-3/17): Captain Marvel 68, Wonder Park 15.8, Five Feet Apart 13.2, Dragon 9.3, Madea 7.8

Wanted to watch a few movies this weekend, but I think I'm sticking to Queen of Scots on Sunday, and Triple Frontier or Hotel Rwanda tonight if I get my lab done and my friends don't want to do anything. 

1 hour ago, Mulder said:

Looking at this weekend and seeing how well HTTYD3 seems to be holding up against Wonder Park, I feel like it's going to surpass HTTYD2 most likely.

Weekdays are inflated, jumps on friday and Saturday won't be as big as on a normal weekend. 

With Peter Rabbit numbers from last year, it's not even doing $10m for the WE. 

45 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Weekdays are inflated, jumps on friday and Saturday won't be as big as on a normal weekend. 

With Peter Rabbit numbers from last year, it's not even doing $10m for the WE. 

I mean the projected weekend number is 9 million so pretty close.

17 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Thought it peters out, but I did like Affleck quite a bit. Found his jutting stomach particularly endearing.

it's really his first performance i can think of that utilizes that sadfleck meme energy.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Wanted to watch a few movies this weekend, but I think I'm sticking to Queen of Scots on Sunday, and Triple Frontier or Hotel Rwanda tonight if I get my lab done and my friends don't want to do anything. 

Hotel Rwanda is good

• Like 1

Comment on deadline's article kinda funny

Hahahahahahah!!!!

Oh man. I love the tin foil hat crowd.

“Captain Marvel won’t get good reviews” – 80% fresh. Fail, backpendal to plan b…

“Captain Marvel won’t open well” – $154M domestic opening. Fail, backpedal to plan c…

“Audiences won’t like Captain Marvel” – “A” CinemaScore. Fail, backpedal to plan d…

“It’ll die quickly during the week.” – $575M in 7 days. Fail, backpedal to plan e…

“Disney is buying all the tickets, so that number is fake.” Sigh.

Never change, MAGAts

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Five Feet Apart is looking at $5.3M today with pre-evening results showing an overindex around $13M for the weekend.

This is no The Fault in our Stars.  The difference in having an A list star to the movie is massive.

Deadline seeing a 19.5M Fri (bit stronger than Rth, middle of Charlie’s very early #s) and a 3.6-3.7 IM, which is right in line with BatB but I think Marvel Saturday’s nudge it higher.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Hahahahahahah!!!!

“Captain Marvel won’t get good reviews” – 80% fresh. Fail, backpendal to plan b…

“Captain Marvel won’t open well” – $154M domestic opening. Fail, backpedal to plan c…

“Audiences won’t like Captain Marvel” – “A” CinemaScore. Fail, backpedal to plan d…

“It’ll die quickly during the week.” – $575M in 7 days. Fail, backpedal to plan e…

Never change, MAGAts

They'll stick with the "Disney is buying fake tickets" excuse now that it's gonna seem like the 2nd Weekend drop (which they have been praying would show the supposed "bad WoM") is gonna be good for Captain Marvel. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Hahahahahahah!!!!

Never change, MAGAts

I just saw video that posited Gunn was rehired to distract from Captain Marvel. I mean I didn’t watch it, I just saw it was a thing and it had thousands of views already. 

I have gone down this rabbit hole and I honestly can’t wait to see what they come up with next 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, Alli said:

Five Feet Apart is looking at $5.3M today with pre-evening results showing an overindex around $13M for the weekend.

This is no The Fault in our Stars.  The difference in having an A list star to the movie is massive.

And who was this A list star in The Fault in our Stars exactly? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Alli said:

tenor.gif?itemid=9668240

• Haha 1