Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread (3/15-3/17): Captain Marvel 68, Wonder Park 15.8, Five Feet Apart 13.2, Dragon 9.3, Madea 7.8

57 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I just saw video that posited Gunn was rehired to distract from Captain Marvel. I mean I didn’t watch it, I just saw it was a thing and it had thousands of views already. 

I have gone down this rabbit hole and I honestly can’t wait to see what they come up with next 😂

Not talking about the same, but pretty smart decision from Disney to announce James Gunn after a week of CM praise and Endgame trailer. 

The only time when it could've been drowned more is on Endgame's OW. 

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

This number (while still massive) really puts into context just how GIGANTIC Black Panther was (111M second weekend)

After $200mn opening weekend, I expected BP to be extremely frontloaded and finish at $500mn but damn those legs.

The true FSS drop was barely 37% and that's with an inflated Sunday.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DAJK said:

This number (while still massive) really puts into context just how GIGANTIC Black Panther was (111M second weekend)

If CM's 2nd weekend goes under 69.95 then BP's 2nd weekend will be closer to CM's ow than CM's 2nd weekend.

69.95 (CM 2nd weekend) + 41.74 = 111.69 (BP 2nd Weekend) + 41.74 = 153.43 (CM OW)

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 2

2 hours ago, ACSlater said:

Got tickets for IMAX for tomorrow so doing our bit to help the numbers this weekend. 

Apparently, no need to buy tickets and show up now because the alt-righters are now claiming Disney is buying the tickets 😆😁