Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread (3/15-3/17): Captain Marvel 68, Wonder Park 15.8, Five Feet Apart 13.2, Dragon 9.3, Madea 7.8

33 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Captain Marvel can cross 400M DOM if it wants that, no problem for me.

However it shall not surpass JW: Fallen Kingdom (417M).

Let the total masterpiece win this one, CM can settle for surpassing Wonder Woman's 412M, but that shoud be enough.

Goal post shifted to $417,719,761

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

13 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Yeah, but still, cultural stuff might get the opening but for long run you need content, it wasn't bad by any means but it wasn't something out of this world. Even Infinity War couldn't muster 700 million, although that ending might have something to do with it.

My friend Black Panther was a cultural phenomenon. It had 97% RT score and A+ cinema score. Also the movie was amazing which made non cbm fans see it. It had 3.47 legs so you might not like the movie but vast majority of people disagree. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

So Katniss (Catching Fire) dodges the bullet again? 

I think there’s still a chance depending on how much CM drops next weekend. CM doesn’t have to deal with anything like Frozen mania. But I’d favor CF at this point. Crazy how YA completely died after that movie 

3 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

I think there’s still a chance depending on how much CM drops next weekend. CM doesn’t have to deal with anything like Frozen mania. But I’d favor CF at this point. Crazy how YA completely died after that movie 

Not really. The new Star Wars movies are basically YA.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

YA as a genre didnt die, the quality of YA movies did.

4 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

and cinema is better for it cause most YA is very bad quality. I read it but good that they aren't making many movies. 

9 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Trolls:

WOOOAAHHHHHHHH it fell from 61M to 19M????? Must be awful WOM!

Real talk:

Great number. Bodes very well for a 70M weekend if Sat delivers the goods.

• Like 1