Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread (3/15-3/17): Captain Marvel 68, Wonder Park 15.8, Five Feet Apart 13.2, Dragon 9.3, Madea 7.8

32 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's a win win for both studios. I imagine the only clause is that they're not released in the same year. 

And a huge win for Gunn:He gets to direct two big blockbusters in a row. He made out like a bandit.

50 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

What happens if Warner lovs Gunn's work in SS 2 and wants him back to a SS 3?

Will Marvel provent him from directing a DC movie? At least, he could write and produce another DC actioner.

No. No way at earth Marvel can tell Gunn what to do once he fuflils his GOTG 3 obligations. If tye even tried, the Directors Guild would have them in court for "restraint of trade" in a New York Minute. And the Disney lawyers know that.

And not that they would want too; Marvel and DC might be competitors but they do not mind;lessly feud.They don't do things our of spite.  They leave that silly shit to the fanboys.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Will Marvel provent him from directing a DC movie? At least, he could write and produce another DC actioner.

If they love his work, they own his life. He will forever live in a bunker under the studio.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

looking at the 4 year gap between ss1 and ss2, and aqm1 and aqm2 i think gunn will have more than enough time to work on gotg3 even if he is then to work on ss3. it's a good problem to have for him.

9 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, obviously, this delay for weekend estimates is b/c they've got to figure out how they under-predicted Wonder Park so much:),...

Seriously. what's going on?

Nearly 52% of shareholders in 21st Century Fox, the entity that is about to be acquired by Disney, have expressed a preference to receive cash in exchange for their shares after the Disney-Fox deal closes early Wednesday.

About 37% of shareholders said they would prefer shares in New Disney (as the Fox-ified company is called in official paperwork), while about 12% indicated no preference.

The tallies were reported after yesterday’s deadline for shareholders to submit their choices. The companies said earlier this week that the long-awaited, $71.3 billion combination will become official at 12:02AM ET on Wednesday.

1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

Gunn shouldn't have been fired in the first place. It was actionism at its finest by Disney to save their face in a heated discussion and now, when nobody cares, they hire him back. Wouldn't be surprised if this was the plan from the beginning to be honest.

I don't like the signals this is sending. You either stand by your friends whithin the storm or you don't. But crawling back, when the storm is over, is just...not my cup of tea.

Actually, I'm quite surprised, Gunn is playing this game with them, but that's the power of a company like Disney I guess. 

I don’t think it’s disney related. He operates mostly just under Feige and marvel studios who seem to have backed him all the while. Plus he basically brought this IP from nowhere into a blockbuster franchise. And the cast and crew love him seeing as they took a Stand for him