Impact

Favorite TDK Joker quotes?

Honestly, the whole interrogation scene. "What did you do with him? Your people, assuming of course they are still your people." Actually, everything he says, mostly because of Heath's delivery. Iconic.

• Like 2

IMO, his performance is one of the top 5 performances of all time. There is nothing off about it. Every nuance, every quirk, every tiny thing he does is the definition of perfection.

• Like 2

I still get chills thinking of the midnight premiere and the anticipation of his performance. My heart was racing when he was on screen, just reveling in the once in a lifetime performance I was seeing.

Edited by acsc1312
  • Like 2

The Joker: [holding a knife inside Gambol's mouth] Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was….a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn’t like that. Not. One. Bit. So, me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. Turns to me and he says “Why so serious, son?” Comes at me with the knife,”Why so serious, son?” He sticks the blade in my mouth. “Let’s put a smile on that face!” And….. Why so serious? 

The Joker: You look nervous. Is it the scars? You want to know how I got ‘em? 

[grabs Rachel's head and positions the knife by her mouth] 
The Joker: Come here. Hey! Look at me. So I had a wife, beautiful, like you, who tells me I worry too much. Who tells me I ought to smile more. Who gambles and gets in deep with the sharks… look at me! One day, they carve her face. And we have no money for surgeries. She can’t take it. I just want to see her smile again, hmm? I just want her to know that I don’t care about the scars. So… I stick a razor in my mouth and do this… 
[mimics slicing his mouth open with his tongue] 
The Joker: …to myself. And you know what? She can’t stand the sight of me! She leaves. Now I see the funny side. Now I’m always smiling!
Edited by The Joker

The Joker: You just couldn’t let me go could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You truly are incorruptible aren’t you? You won’t kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness, and I won’t kill you, because you’re just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever. 

The Joker : I had a vision, of a world without Batman. The mob ground out a little profit and the police tried to shut them down, one block at a time. And it was so… boring. I’ve had a change of heart. I don’t want Mr.Reese spoiling everything, but why should I have all the fun? Let’s give someone else a chance. If Coleman Reese isn’t dead in sixty minutes then I blow up a hospital. 

Edited by The Joker

The Joker: This town deserves a better class of criminal… and I’m gonna give it to them. Tell your men they work for me now. This is my city. 
The Chechen: They won’t work for a freak… 
The Joker: [mocking his accent] A freak… 
[pulls out his switchblade and tosses it to some goons who grabs the Chechen] 
The Joker: Why don’t we cut you up into little pieces and feed you to your pooches? Hmm? And then we’ll see how loyal a hungry dog really is. It’s not about money… it’s about… sending a message. Everything burns. 

Edited by The Joker