charlie Jatinder

Which was the biggest movie event (worldwide) of the decade 2010s.

Which was the biggest movie event of the decade 2010s.  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Which was the biggest movie event of the decade 2010s.

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
    • Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    • Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame
    • Any Other

I think when EG is released this club will be put to rest. Now TFA was an event DOM nothing comes close but after TFA, TLJ went down so it's like a lightning in the bottle. But Avengers is an event worldwide so massive that nothing comes close and it won't go down like TLJ. So...

Another thing is I think the day and date release with China is what will make Avengers: Endgame the biggest movie event of the decade. Cinemas all over the freakin' world are going to be insane from April 25-28.

On 3/20/2019 at 4:25 AM, ElsaRoc said:

This is... not a great comparison. The late year releases (Avatar, Frozen, TFA, TLJ) all made significant business in the following year. Avatar was pretty easily the biggest movie WW (and DOM) in 2010, for instance.

Yeah should probably average the 2 year;s for the end of year release (and should remove the title in question from it, a lot of WW BO around Avatar was Avatar), but 2016 global BO was almost the same has 2015.

For already released movies, taking into account world wide impact across countries and age groups, West and East, I'd say Infinity War. The hype and attention was incredible, the box office outstanding and all the media and merchandise around it. It's really amazing to stop and think what the people behind the Marvel Universe have created.

On 3/21/2019 at 8:36 AM, JB33 said:

Another thing is I think the day and date release with China is what will make Avengers: Endgame the biggest movie event of the decade. Cinemas all over the freakin' world are going to be insane from April 25-28.

Day and date release in China is not confirmed yet. 

I know I already made my comment but:

Cinema wise if we count Avatar than obviously this, it did insane things everywhere.

Hype wise where I live it was the force (Belgium/big parts of Europe) and DOM/Australia this was the biggest event in the last decade.

It had insane numbes and superb hype.

If we take in to account the rest of the world hype + boxoffice it is Infinity war (maybe also EG, it needs to deliver on the boxoffice side) Asian countries and LA countries went crazzy for this, DOM went pretty nuts as well (not the same lv as TFAW) or avatar (pre release hype wise a different storry). 

HP was also extremely big in Belgium and people went nuts as well same in most european countries I think. 

Maybe TLK will match IW  but we will have to see.

Well at this stage I would say Endgame (plus Infinity War) as the event/s for those films were huge; particularly with Endgame. At least from my local experience and what I've seen it definitely tops the new Star Wars saga.

Although, we still have another twenty months and Avatar 2 is suppose to come out by then. I have absolutely no idea on what scale that will be as an event - although I don't imagine much less than very very big. It seems a little too early to call what the biggest event will be when A2 and other films are on the way.

Edited by BlueCore

38 minutes ago, BlueCore said:

Well at this stage I would say Endgame (plus Infinity War) as the event/s for those films were huge; particularly with Endgame. At least from my local experience and what I've seen it definitely tops the new Star Wars saga.

Although, we still have another twenty months and Avatar 2 is suppose to come out by then. I have absolutely no idea on what scale that will be as an event - although I don't imagine much less than very very big. It seems a little too early to call what the biggest event will be when A2 and other films are on the way.

Yes, hard to tell how big Avatar 2 will be, but that does not matter. It's released in 2020, so not applicable for this thread.

1 minute ago, Thomas Beck said:

Yes, hard to tell how big Avatar 2 will be, but that does not matter. It's released in 2020, so not applicable for this thread.

Ah, I was just thinking about this actually, I guess when saying 2010s some here are referring to 2010-2019? I've always gone by starting at 1; so 2011-2020 would the 2010s. Locally that is what's taught so I assume it's different in other places/countries :P