sfran43

Wednesday numbers 3/20 | CM $4.57M

2 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Yikes. So 3 days straight of it making less than WW. I guess starting at day 11 on, WW will be closing the gap. Yikes.

Will the 10 day lead and money be enough to catch WW domestically. Or even 400M domestically.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 4

@DeeCee, feel free to perform your task and claim your rest now .    Whoops, timezone fail. Don’t mind me.       

4.5 is pretty much as expected, hoped for a couple hundred k higher but whatever.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, zapzapped said:

Yikes. So 3 days straight of it making less than WW. I guess starting at day 11 on, WW will be closing the gap. Yikes.

Will the 10 day lead and money be enough to catch WW domestically. Or even 400M domestically.

It depends on how it holds up this weekend and how the late legs go of course. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zapzapped said:

Weird how you're comparing WW summer week days to CM non-summer weekdays. And no, spring break doesn't count since not every state/county/district have theirs during the same week!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, zapzapped said:

I feel like the word "Yikes" shoundt be used for a film that opened exactly within expectations and also now holds pretty much like most people predicted it would perform.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I feel like the word "Yikes" shoundt be used for a film that opened exactly within expectations and also now holds pretty much like most people predicted it would perform.

Exactly. Its doing pretty much as expected since its OW. Did people really think it would be doing something crazy like $450M-$500M DOM?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, zapzapped said:

Apples vs Oranges comparison due to release of each film.

• Like 2

Just now, DAJK said:

If US does indeed open to something crazy like 85+ I could see it hurting Captain Marvel slightly. Still, I'm expecting a finish somewhere between 400 DOM and Wonder Woman DOM. 

I agree that I think $400M is getting closer to certain every day, just b/c Disney has so many ways to "bump" it in April/May/June if it's close...we just need another week or two to see if this is a "push" to $400M movie or an easily "fly over" $400M movie.

@Charlie Jatinder  was pretty spot on with his dom predictions he did in last Monday's thread. OS we will not know for sure yet.

The bold kursiv addition I wrote, as some here might not know about films in other countries often do not open on Friday like in dom, and so on

22 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

4.5  + 8.5 approx (Wednesday dom + the part of OS that wont go into the OS WE of certain countries see e.g. France)

4.2 + 7.5 approx (Thursday dom, + an even smaller remainging OS part, thats not counted as OS WE ofor even more countries)

9 + 12+

16 + 24+

10 + 19+

912+

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Weird how you're comparing WW summer week days to CM non-summer weekdays. And no, spring break doesn't count since not every state/county/district have theirs during the same week!

It doesnt matter what the days are if it doesnt hold. Im not saying it should or shouldnt have made more money im just pointing out that it made less.

• ...wtf 2
  • Knock It Off 4