sfran43

Tuesday Numbers: US $8.03M

10 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Another day, another week-to-week decrease of 20% or less...this movie just needed some "breathe" time to find its audience...too bad it's probably gonna be a little late (but if it can hold screens for this and next weekend, we might keep seeing these great drops)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

If true, would mean a 34% jump for Us.

Beats my $7.5m prediction. Would mean a strong weekend upcoming (Monday and Tuesday would both be running about 28% ahead of Halloween’s Mon/Tues.)

Could be looking at a $40m 2nd weekend if things hold....

8m would be an amazing number for Us. Its basically had the best of both worlds compared to its comps so far with a great Monday drop similar to the drops A Quiet Place and Get Out had and now a huge Tuesday jump that Halloween and The Nun got after their bad Monday drops.

green font = in this case WB = estimates

https://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-chart/daily/2019/03/26

Daily Domestic Chart for Tuesday March 26, 2019

← Previous Chart Chart Index  

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
- (8) Gloria Bell A24 $246,254 +55% 654 $377   $2,750,917 19
- (7) The LEGO Movie 2: The Secon… Warner Bros. $235,000 +43% 1,389 $169   $103,764,513 47
- (-) Isn’t it Romantic Warner Bros. $110,000 +47% 918 $120   $47,686,146 42
- (-) Climax A24 $11,540 +38% 136 $85   $748,937 26

$8M would be a fantastic number for Us given the strong Monday it had. It should bode well for a strong weekend BUT I am still going to remain cautious because I don’t know what portion of schools/colleges are on spring break and if it’s a decent amount it could be eating up demand during the week. Thinking a $35M+ weekend is in play though. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Beats my $7.5m prediction. Would mean a strong weekend upcoming (Monday and Tuesday would both be running about 28% ahead of Halloween’s Mon/Tues.)

Could be looking at a $40m 2nd weekend if things hold....

2nd weekend over Dumbo first weekend 

There were talks of legs of CM, in Monday thread, being bad.

CM will be doing $250-260mn post opening weekend. That number is more than what other MCU solo films did, e.g.

Homecoming

Thor Ragnarok

GoTG

GoTG 2

Civil War

Iron Man 3

We all know that CM opening was boosted by Endgame and things get back to normalcy later. $250-260mn post opening weekend is great number, similar to Christmas legs of Aquaman.

You can't blame CM for opening so big that some math stat look bad, even though its doing better than normal.

What I am trying to say is that, Multiples aren't best judge. Need to look at broader picture.

When you are at 6000mt on Mt Everest, there is less height than you can go up than when you are at 3000mt.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1