CaptainJackSparrow

Elvis | WB | June 24 2022 | Tom Hanks is Elvis' manager | Baz Luhrmann directs | RIP Lisa Marie Presley

4 hours ago, Firepower said:

Are you on drugs?

I hated Luhrmann's Gatsby...it's one of the worst cases of a director not understaning the novel he was filming I have seen...., but it's stupid to deny it made a lot of money. Leo dying for love always packs htem in. (though, to his credit, Leo seems to be trying to move away from those roles and is playing some pretty unsympathetic charecters like in "Wolf Of Wall Street")

To me, Luhrmann has always been a Jekyll Hyde director, Given the right material ("Moulin Rouge') he can make a really good film but given the wrong material it's usually a disaster. (Not that
Gatsby is not a great novel, but it's simply the wrong material for "Luhrmann",

s u

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Of course Miles Teller is in the running

I'm sure he had his people muscle his way in there because he's apparently always wanted to play him...but he won't get this.  I'd bet against Styles, too... Luhrmann will more likely go for one of the lesser-knowns, like was rumored before. 

1 minute ago, Macleod said:

I'm sure he had his people muscle his way in there because he's apparently always wanted to play him...but he won't get this.  I'd bet against Styles, too... Luhrmann will more likely go for one of the lesser-knowns, like was rumored before. 

Teller would be pretty good in this part to be fair. He's definitely the best fit of all those rumoured. As long as Ansolo doesn't get it, it should be good.

Miles Teller. Called it! He's  been saying for years he wants to play Elvis.  He looks like elvis the most. and he can sing too. Obviously the most talented out of these

Edited by Alli
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alli said:

It would be a mistake not to cast Miles Teller. Besides the looks, he's got the swag, the cool, confidence

Have you ever seen Elvis, who was beautiful by the way, perform? 

There are multiple reasons he was a mega super star - none of which Teller comes with in a stratosphere of possessing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Have you ever seen Elvis, who was beautiful by the way, perform? 

There are multiple reasons he was a mega super star - none of which Teller comes with in a stratosphere of possessing.

i have, and i think Miles is a great actor who could pull it off. the others in competition are so weak compared to him

anyway, apparently, tom hanks is the lead actor

42 minutes ago, Alli said:

i have, and i think Miles is a great actor who could pull it off. the others in competition are so weak compared to him

anyway, apparently, tom hanks is the lead actor

Digital de-aging? Nothing agains Tom but Elvis died when he was like 45 or something, main career in twenties. Or will Tom play the famous Colonel Tom?