sfran43

Weekend Thread: weekend #s (Actuals) Dumbo $45.99M, Us $33.23M, CM $20.66M

Just now, dudalb said:

Rooting for a big studio is just like rooting for Microsoft, or Standard Oil, Or Facebook....

and again opinion bc you dont agree with them it doesnt mean that you shouldnt respect their opinion thats the fun of it there is no need for fanboyswars

8 minutes ago, john2000 said:

sorry but what do you mean ? if you dont mind my stupid question ?

I am distrusting of the concept of Uber. Cause at the end of day, you are riding in some random stranger's car.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Dumbo and Us number will almost definitely be higher than these early Deadline numbers. Thinking 50+ for Dumbo and 35+ for Us.

agree hope captain marvel increases too or at the very least stay the same

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Can see Dumbo and Us going up

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Dumbo and Us number will almost definitely be higher than these early Deadline numbers. Thinking 50+ for Dumbo and 35+ for Us.

c06112fd11afd079f2ad4a9d4ac24abb10c1add0  

how are Dumbo and Us looking Internationally?

Edited by lawful employees

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

agree hope captain marvel increases too or at the very least stay the same

If Captain Marvel increases to 22M then it will finish with 355M. 22*2.5=55M  Final Domestic tally of 410M.

But since BP stayed flat when Infinity war debuted I predict same for CM. I think it will end with 420M Domestic and 700M OS for 1.120M WW  which is x7.45 times its budget

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think it’s weird to hate Disney because they only produce sequel , remake but way less original. Well , if you want to watch original movies then just watch movies from other studios. No need to hating Disney. Besides ,  the major reason why Disney keep churning sequel , remake etc is because the audience demands and would like to see those movies. Just see the Box office record set by Disney for the last 2 years which soon will be 3 years in a row ( 2019 ).

Sure , Disney also have many bombs because of their business model ( Solo , Tommorrowland , Prince of Persia , etc ) but who the hell cares about that bombs when they have massive success like  SW 7 , 8 , BatB , MCU , TS trilogy among others. What I want to say is that’s not Disney fault for doing that , it’s the audience’s fault who keep flocking and buying tickets to see them. Blame the Audience who loves to see those remake , sequels etc. Maybe you don’t like those kind of movies but majority of people does. If that’s the case then Pretty sure you just have an unpopular opinion so keep it to yourself and don’t poison the other as if you opinions are the valid one.

Edited by Claudio
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

So if my math is correct.. 

Captain Marvel is looking to be 4th most profitable MCU movie behind BP, Avengers and Infinity war. 

After Endgame comes out it will be 5th most profitable MCU movie. 

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

• Astonished 3

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

i havent see us yet is it good as they say ?

Obviously depends who you ask.  I disliked it immensely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

It's not suspenseful. If you're looking for a thrilling movie, this ain't. Just my opinion. I'm surprised it has such good legs

3 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Like baumer said, it depends who you ask since the film is a bit divisive. I personally liked it a lot but you need some heavy suspension of disbelief.

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I’m here for any increase for Us.  Anything that will bring it closer to the still very achievable goal of 293M domestic

I think it will not pass that barrier sadly. After this weekend it can maximum lift to 130M and Pet Sematary and La Llorona are coming and Hellboy is also R rated.