Eric Atreides

CinemaCon 2019 Discussion Thread l April 1-April 4 l Paramount (1 ET/10 PT) Lionsgate (5:15 ET/2:15 PT)

6 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

April 1 really is the worst day of the year

People like to claim that St. Patrick's Day is for amateurs, but at least that's just people getting drunk and acting stupid.  April Fools' Day is where everybody tries to come out and prove they are the most hilarious person on the planet, and haven't been recognized for their talents yet.

Truly the worst of all holidays.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Porthos said:

People like to claim that St. Patrick's Day is for amateurs, but at least that's just people getting drunk and acting stupid.  April Fools' Day is where everybody tries to come out and prove they are the most hilarious person on the planet, and haven't been recognized for their talents yet.

Truly the worst of all holidays.

I think that like for conspiracy theories (that imagine were really fun with "secret VHS"/obscure magazine passing around) or chain letter, Internet broke it.

Volume got too big, too easy to invalidate, etc...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Just remember what day it is today. :rolleyes:

I got had like three times today for the same reason. Baker Street Babes posted that Hiddleston was cast as CAM in SH3. My brain went into “No, god no, will fandom ever know peace?” for about two minutes before I realized it was thankfully a joke. 

Edited by captainwondyful
posted not poster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I think that like for conspiracy theories (that imagine were really fun with "secret VHS"/obscure magazine passing around) or chain letter, Internet broke it.

Volume got too big, too easy to invalidate, etc...

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I actually like a well pulled off April Fools' Day joke.  Problem is, it takes skill to properly craft one.  Like, do you go for post-modernist "We know this is a joke, so laugh along with us"?  Do you go for "This miiiiight be true, but it's still all in good fun"?  Or even just a random "badum-tish"?

Unfortunately, too many people go for "This is my day I get to troll without consequence", as if the other 364 days of the year aren't already full of that exact same attitude.

So I guess that's mostly where I really stand.  I appreciate a good jape, but I hate all of the trolling this day inspires.

• Like 1

April 1 is the day I can admit to my crush that I have feelings for her, so that if I get rejected, I can say it was all part of an April Fools joke and therefore things are not awkward.

Truly the most useful holiday. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Did anyone get a picture of Scar in The Lion King? I heard there’s some sort of poster with him on it.

No, but they announced that the actor that plays Jafar in Aladdin has struck a multi-deal with Disney, and will also voice Scar in The Lion King.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1