Ms Lady Hawk

Monday numbers: Dumbo- 2.88 Us- 2.69 CM - 1.66

4 minutes ago, tawasal said:

HG: 408m/152m = 2.68x

CF: 424m/158m = 2.68x

CM: 153m*2.68 = 410m 

Even if it had HG legs it won't reach CF's 424m. Even CF's legs translate to the same as HG's. 

Catching Fire also had some insanely low Sunday to Monday drops which CM will not see for the duration of its run.

Why the comparison to HG and CF, when they are further away in time and not Superhero movies? Why not use Civil War, which was at over 377 million at same point in time, yet finished at ~408 with “summer” weekdays? If you want to argue good late legs from a SH movie, then as Baumer pointed out the other day, use SM:HC. CM is going to need that type of late legs to reach 415-420... Some incredible legs would get it to 425. Seems lofty. 

3 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Catching Fire also had some insanely low Sunday to Monday drops which CM will not see for the duration of its run.

Why the comparison to HG and CF, when they are further away in time and not Superhero movies? Why not use Civil War, which was at over 377 million at same point in time, yet finished at ~408 with “summer” weekdays? If you want to argue good late legs from a SH movie, then as Baumer pointed out the other day, use SM:HC. CM is going to need that type of late legs to reach 415-420... Some incredible legs would get it to 425. Seems lofty. 

It has already surpassed Civil War's legs, with less OW take. Really there is no single good comparison to these movie with the same range of OW. 

These are probably the best comparisons we have, but none of them had Easter on the same weekend or the same competition. 

5 Alice in Wonderland (2010) BV $116,101,023 34.7% 3,728 $31,143 $334,191,110 3/5/10
4 The Hunger Games LGF $152,535,747 37.4% 4,137 $36,871 $408,010,692 3/23/12
2 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice WB $166,007,347 50.3% 4,242 $39,134 $330,360,194 3/25/16

ALICE did 2.87x OW

THG did 2.68x OW

BVS did 1.98x OW. 

It’s been tracking Kong extremely closely in % for the first 25 days. The OW sizes might make you a bit hesitant, but they are both Brie Larson+SLJ action movies opening on the same March weekend with roughly similar Easter schedules.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

It’s been tracking Kong extremely closely in % for the first 18 days. The OW sizes might make you a bit hesitant, but they are both Brie Larson+SLJ action movies opening on the same March weekend with roughly similar Easter schedules.

This a perfect comparison almost, because the friday, saturday and mondays look identical. 

6 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

SMH made 60M$ after a 13M$ 4th weekend - it dropped 62%-50% and 40% after its first weekend 

CM is coming off a 20,6M$ 4th weekend and it dropped  56%-50% and 40%  after its first weekend

CM doesn't need the same SMH legs to get to 415M$.  It needs a 3X from its 4th weekend to achieve 415M$ and 3,5X to match HG:CF

SMH got a 4,6X multi after that 4th weekend.  

CW made 35M$ after a 15M$ 4th weekend which was Memorial day WE.  It dropped 60%-55% and 53% (Sunday boosted by Memorial day).  It achieved a 2,3X multi after its 4th weekend

Civil War is a poor comparison for the later part of the run because it was clearly already dropping like a rock at this point.  

33 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I'm not going into politics. The story itself is full of blatant lies to push one narrative. I'm not pro-choice but suffice to say I loathe liars.

Murder is politics...sad thing really.

So I'm intrigued you saw the film and know for certain the details are fabricated and full of lies. Good to know.

• Knock It Off 3

Kong weekly drops:   

CM weekly drops:  

- ~40.6 (estimate based on last week’s T,W,Thu %s)    

It’s kind of uncanny, though I expect the next two weeks will mess it up a bit as CM has Shazam week 5 (where Kong was really strong) and then Kong got hit hard by F8 in week 6).

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Kong weekly drops:   

CM weekly drops:  

- ~40.6 (estimate based on last week’s T,W,Thu %s)    

It’s kind of uncanny, though I expect the next two weeks will mess it up a bit as CM has Shazam week 5 (where Kong was really strong) and then Kong got hit hard by F8 in week 6).

Shazam is selling so badly on presales that it will have minimal impact on Captain Marvel. This is good for Captain Marvel's legs that Shazam is posed for a very weak opening.

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I think 2.6 is almost impossible at this point. If it go no boost at all from End game and fell hard every week I guess. Seems like absolute floor.

I don't get what you are trying to say.

Are you saying it's impossible for CM to get 2.6x multiplier or that 2.6x multiplier is the floor? 

14 minutes ago, LordNox said:

Shazam is selling so badly on presales that it will have minimal impact on Captain Marvel. This is good for Captain Marvel's legs that Shazam is posed for a very weak opening.

You wrote more or less the same thing on the previous page. We get it! You want Shazam to tank. Perhaps, your banning from the tracking thread didn’t get the point across that trolls are not really appreciated here on BOT

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tawasal said:

I don't get what you are trying to say.

Are you saying it's impossible for CM to get 2.6x multiplier or that 2.6x multiplier is the floor? 

I'm suggesting that 2.6 is the absolute floor and incredibly unlikely that's all it finishes with

It will likely be at 2.41 or higher by the end of the week after it's 5th weekend.  At that point End Game is only 2.5 weeks away.

Edited by cdsacken

17 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I'm suggesting that 2.6 is the absolute floor and incredibly unlikely that's all it finishes with

It will likely be at 2.41 or higher by the end of the week after it's 5th weekend.  At that point End Game is only 2.5 weeks away.

I am sorry, now it's all clear.