CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Who? We're still pretty far out from release.

The title for CoG was released exactly one year before its release along with a synopsis. This has nothing...not even a single official picture!

WB knows this movie is in a precarious situation, I don't blame them for keeping things close to their chest. It's the reason why they had test screenings a year+ in advance, trying to salvage things as much as possible. By the end of this year we'll be getting something.

Found out yesterday CoG, under WB's previous chairman, was pressured not to exceed 135 minutes...which is why we had 46+ scenes being cut. That's a shitload of content...obviously many would not have made it but 3+ scenes of Queenie/Grindelwald, Tina/Leta, etc...shame.

But not having a title yet means that it will most likely sound similar to CoG. 

Also... @ViewerAnon, did you hear anything about Nagini? 

3 hours ago, Macleod said:

Still betting that this becomes an HBOMax exclusive to attract subscribership.  

It's definitely possible, if the box office isn't fully recovered by next year they may decide to do it. The current release date for this is terrible; sandwiched between movies like Black Panther 2, Indiana Jones 5, and Black Adam, they would be wise to push it further back into 2022.

3 hours ago, Noctis said:

Found out yesterday CoG, under WB's previous chairman, was pressured not to exceed 135 minutes...which is why we had 46+ scenes being cut. That's a shitload of content...obviously many would not have made it but 3+ scenes of Queenie/Grindelwald, Tina/Leta, etc...shame.

All those scenes cut and yet the movie was still messy, the problem ultimately traces back to where it started: the script. There was a lot that ended up in the final product that should've been cut too tbh, to improve the pacing and streamline the plot a bit better.

Edited by Gazer365
  • Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 1:27 AM, nick64 said:

The Harry Potter series was my absolute obsession growing up and to this day I still cherish it. I reread the books like every other year and could answer almost any question about the content within those books. I went to all of the midnight book releases and movie showings since I was seven years old. I was Harry for Halloween four years in a row, then went as Voldemort the next year. I have all of the movies in multiple formats, all of the video games, tons of collector items, you name it.

I have seen both of these Fantastic Beasts movies once, walked out disappointed, and couldn’t care less about any aspect of this plot or these characters moving forward. That’s an absolute failure.

I’ve heard this so many times from HP fanatics. 

On 7/23/2021 at 8:11 PM, MikeQ said:

JK Rowling's transphobia is incredibly damaging not only because of her level of fame (power and status), but because she couches her transphobia in the language of being "concerned" for young people and women (conveniently ignoring trans women and young people in that concern). But hidden in her essay (and her comments elsewhere) are deeply damaging tropes about trans people. And she continued to espouse those damaging views through her platform, instead of actually educating herself. It's disappointing.

It's time for people to educate themselves. Here's an excellent video essay from a trans woman that is a good start - a worthwhile listen from beginning to end. There's also a great documentary on Netflix called "Disclosure" that, while focused on trans representation in TV and movies, also gets at some of the damaging tropes that Rowling reinforces (and is full of trans voices we all can learn from). You can either do the work to unpack why Rowling's views are problematic, and deeply damaging to trans people, or continue to uphold decades old stereotypes that have been used to denigrate trans individuals. 

Peace,

Mike

This is the problem with today's youth. They say terms like "educate yourself" then proceed to post a 90 minute video of an American Youtuber as the source of education.  

tenor.gif

8 hours ago, Chicago said:

This is the problem with today's youth. They say terms like "educate yourself" then proceed to post a 90 minute video of an American Youtuber as the source of education.  

tenor.gif

Frankly, this post says a lot about you, not me. I'm by no stretch of the imagination a "youth" - but it really shouldn't matter anyway.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Have you listened to the video? I shared it for a reason, because it's a thoughtful exploration of transphobia from a trans woman, that - in one place - addresses many of the points made about JK Rowling and her essay/comments. If you're not interested in listening and maybe learning something new, particularly from trans individuals (and we all can learn, myself included), then I don't know what to say.

I don't wish to drag this out here, but if you choose to listen and want to have a dialogue with me later, either privately or in a different thread, I'm open to that.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 3

15 hours ago, MikeQ said:

Frankly, this post says a lot about you, not me. I'm by no stretch of the imagination a "youth" - but it really shouldn't matter anyway.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Have you listened to the video? I shared it for a reason, because it's a thoughtful exploration of transphobia from a trans woman, that - in one place - addresses many of the points made about JK Rowling and her essay/comments. If you're not interested in listening and maybe learning something new, particularly from trans individuals (and we all can learn, myself included), then I don't know what to say.

I don't wish to drag this out here, but if you choose to listen and want to have a dialogue with me later, either privately or in a different thread, I'm open to that.

Peace,

Mike

I did actually watch some of the video and I admired the production value behind it, even got past the bath scene. She was funny and very clever. She began to lose me when she criticised Rowling for not condemning one of Trump's policies, it was a reach seeing as this woman lives in Edinburgh and likely has no knowledge of foreign policies on a day by day basis, not to mention it was completely irrelevant. Most of her ramblings were completely irrelevant, bringing up obscure quotes made by nobodies from 40 years back then trying to link it with Rowling transphobia. I feel if you need 90 minutes to explain why some tweets are bad then maybe people are just looking for controversy.  This Trans lady says herself that she was pressured into making the video by her fans, she even referred to it as "work". Fortunately I'm not gullible enough to fall for these videos, it's no worse than the zeitgeist videos but many people seem to take these vids as gospel and its very embarrassing to see.  Give me 90 mimites and a platform and I'll convince you that kittens are evil. 

As for the Netflix documentary I will get round to it as I'm craving a good documentary (I prefer them to youtubers) but I still have 1 and a half Fear Street movies to finish first.

My 'youth' comment referred to things I see every day, there was always an 'educate yourself' post on facebook followed by a meme posted as fact. Sorry if it seemed rude, though to be an adult and still fall for these videos says alot about you if Im honest.

All in all, despite the desperate video, I and most others still don't see much wrong with Rowlings posts. We can only agree to disagree, I don't see her as transphobic and she certainly doesn't need to apologise to people half way around the world who took it on themselves to get offended on behalf of the trans community 

Peace

Edited by Chicago

7 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I don't even know what that is, and I'd say...yeah.  

It's called Hogwarts Legacy, was supposed to come out this year but got pushed back to 2022. You get to play a student at Hogwarts in the 1700s I think, seems like its going to play as a fantasy rpg with some multiplayer elements I believe.

59 minutes ago, Rogerio said:

Could you give us some more details about the movie ?

pleeeease?

Credence has long black hair. Queenie’s hair is platinum blonde. Grindelwald looks like Hannibal Lecter Mads Mikkelsen with gray/silver hair.

You guys were dying to know about the hair situation right??

• Haha 1