CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

35 minutes ago, clockwork said:

It's called Hogwarts Legacy, was supposed to come out this year but got pushed back to 2022. You get to play a student at Hogwarts in the 1700s I think, seems like its going to play as a fantasy rpg with some multiplayer elements I believe.

1800s, and it's single player only iirc

36 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

Credence has long black hair. Queenie’s hair is platinum blonde. Grindelwald looks like Hannibal Lecter Mads Mikkelsen with gray/silver hair.

You guys were dying to know about the hair situation right??

Not that much 

😂 

1 hour ago, Rogerio said:

I really wasn’t expecting FB3 to be so awful as Crimes .. I mean, I tought we would at least have more action/adventura and more Dumbledore/Grindelwald 

They've done a few test screenings within the past month and I read somewhere that some reshoots are happening in August. There's a small amount of hope in me that believes that this movie will be an improvement over the previous one, because, maybe unpopular opinion here, I don't want to see this fail utterly.

Warner Brothers needs to bust their ass for this one and spend as much time in that editing room as possible, it aint gonna be amazing but it needs to be better than the last one for sure.

Edited by Gazer365

3 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

This is probably why Waterston is barely in this one. Rowling is such a petty bitch.

The Independent is as bad as the Daily Mail.

Rowling made some interesting points, there are certain aspects where people abuse the trans label. Just look at some of these new athletes. We literally have a 43 year old trans woman about to comptete in the olympics for weight lifting. Oldest person in the category, never made it to the olympics before the change but now she has that physical advantage she can take the spot of a woman who would have had to work hard to get where they are. All that does is make a woman feel her body isn't good enough to compete. The first transgender MMA fighter ended up fracturing her opponents skull.

I find the problem these days is no-one wants a discussion, they want confrontation. There are definitely issues that need addressing rather than just calling Rowling a 'petty bitch' for speaking out. We should be able to discuss these things without the name calling, its a controversial topic afterall, they're never easy to discuss. 

If I was JK rowling and had all these stars try throwing me under the bus after making them relevant, id probably cut their screen time down too. 

Edited by Chicago
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

This is probably why Waterston is barely in this one. Rowling is such a petty bitch.

I know people like drama but I think the real reason she may have less screen time is because maybe the character just really isn't involved much in the plot, or maybe Waterston had scheduling conflicts that ended up reducing her role to less than what it originally was. Reshoots should be starting up soon so likely she'll end up being in more than just one scene in the final product.

Apparently Nagini isn't really in this one either, which I sure hope is true because that character had no reason to exist in the last movie aside from extremely cheap and unnecessary fan service.

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 1

Petty bitch? Insider info said she had major issues with the scheduling conflict - and if I am not mistaken, she had a bad reaction to COVID. 

I'm so sick and tired of people acting like Rowling is some sort of demon and some far-right witch when she's hardcore a leftist on almost all issues except the transgender issues - and if you read her essay, HOLY SHIT, at worst you can say she's misinformed but she is not coming from a place of hate. Her issue easily stems from a place of fear when it comes to the bathrooms because she has been physically abused.

She even STATED that for many people who transition, she firmly believes that it IS in their best interest to do so. She 100% believes in the concept of gender, but is scared of how many kids are told that they are transgender and should undergo transition when statistics show gender dysmorphia overwhelmingly abates during teenage years. 

And not one person has stood up for her when she has been threatened with rape, torture, and murder. Hypocrisy at its worst.

• Like 3

J.K. Rowling is certainly not far-right. I’m pretty sure that the creators of South Park are more right-wing than she is, and even they have been making fun of the alt-right in recent years.

No, I don’t think J.K. Rowling is justified when it comes to trans issues. However, the responses she’s been getting for it aren’t doing anyone any favors. All it’s really accomplished is making her look like a victim. She’s less likely to see the error of her ways if her detractors are threatening her. If people want to show Rowling how ignorant she’s being, threatening her and calling her a female dog are not the ways to go about it. Criticizing her is fine, but you have to remember that she’s still human at the end of the day.  

• Like 2

The most interesting thing I've observed about the JK Rowling situation is I have seen people from both sides of the political parties(at least here in the US) agree with her takes. I think certain places online and in real life like Hollywood are anti JK but idk, I've seen a lot of support for her too. Even some of my Uber Liberal/moderate  friends agree with her. The majority of Americans are not on twitter which I think tends to skew a certain narrative about how the whole country feels and thinks.

On 7/30/2021 at 8:35 PM, cookieleeann said:

The most interesting thing I've observed about the JK Rowling situation is I have seen people from both sides of the political parties(at least here in the US) agree with her takes. I think certain places online and in real life like Hollywood are anti JK but idk, I've seen a lot of support for her too. Even some of my Uber Liberal/moderate  friends agree with her. The majority of Americans are not on twitter which I think tends to skew a certain narrative about how the whole country feels and thinks.

“Twitter now is just an opportunity for very left-wing people to express increasingly left-wing views to other left-wing people.”. - Jeremy Clarkson, Clarksons Farm

Jeremy hit the nail on the head with that quote

16 hours ago, Rogerio said:

Viewer, a guy on reddit heard rumours about other FB screening .. is that true ?

I don't know for sure but I do know something screened in Chicago yesterday and WB always used to test Potterverse movies in Chicago.