CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

Just now, lightscamera said:

If it makes money, they will make another one.

So no they won’t be smart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is guaranteed to take another drop from Beasts 2. Taking it for granted they will be able to make all three remaining ones is not really a good idea. 

This is guaranteed to take another drop from Beasts 2. Taking it for granted they will be able to make all three remaining ones is not really a good idea. 

I know. I’m just saying if this makes the studio money, they will make another one, up until the franchise no longer makes them money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, TMP said:

Rumour rn:

Literally nobody is confirmed to return for the third movie yet, filming wont even begin until next year. This is such a pointless non-story. I highly doubt he'll be let go, and Colin Farrell aint coming back, so get over it. 

The only way to salvage this is go back to the winning formula:

Rowling writes this story as a novel series, WB converts book to film. It’s simple as that (and yet so very complicated).

As a lifelong Potter scholar, the obvious critique to levy at Crimes of Grindelwald is that it should have been a 600 page novel. Fans would have devoured it. 

Rowling has been absent from Twitter since January. Something’s definitely brewing.

I encourage everyone here to visit hogwartsprofessor.com and read John Granger’s latest posts about Fantastic Beasts & Rowling’s Twitter absence.

Edited by FlitcherBooks

24 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Fantastic Beasts 2 was a lot like X men Apocalypse. Poor reviews and a gross in the 150m range domestically and 200m less than its predecessor worldwide 

Fantastic Beasts 3 - Dark Phoenix of the franchise?

Maybe. But with such a wide fan-base, if the quality is really good there's no saying what wom and reception can do. At least help the movie break even. If the prod budget is 150m and the movie does 450m ww compared to 655m of FB2, it's will still be fine. Just that tons will have been left on the table and WB will have mismanaged the hallowed HP universe.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:44 AM, FlitcherBooks said:

The only way to salvage this is go back to the winning formula:

Rowling writes this story as a novel series, WB converts book to film. It’s simple as that (and yet so very complicated).

As a lifelong Potter scholar, the obvious critique to levy at Crimes of Grindelwald is that it should have been a 600 page novel. Fans would have devoured it. 

Rowling has been absent from Twitter since January. Something’s definitely brewing.

I encourage everyone here to visit hogwartsprofessor.com and read John Granger’s latest posts about Fantastic Beasts & Rowling’s Twitter absence.

Rowling has shown  her talents as a screenwriter are limited so maybe turning back to the novels are a good thing.

But to be honest, the story and charecters of the first 2 films have such deep flaws I am not sure turning them into novels would result is much improvement.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:28 AM, ZeeSoh said:

Yup it's the same for me. I was a huge Potter fanboy when the movies were still coming out. But I couldnt care less about this series. I was somewhat excited for the first movie but my excitement has lessened for each subsequent movies. The only thing I am excited for right now from the up coming movies is the Dumbledore-Grindelwald duel. I hope they do it justice and make it epic. 

That being said I am thinking of starting a re-read of the Harry Potter series again (after I finish reading Origins)

The drop in quality between the Potter Novels and the Fantastic Beasts film is huge.

I have to think that the story of Harry Potter was the one that Rowling really, really, wanted to tell but with the prequels she is just turning out product.

It's repeat of what happened with Frank Herbert and Dune. The first three books is the story he wanted to really tell, but the huge success..and lucrative offers from the publishers, caused him to write a number of sequels. None were as good in quality as the original trilogy, and a couple of the later ones were ,well, pretty weak.

I understand the urge to keep the money machine running is strong,but that can result ina lot of inferior work.

6 hours ago, Alli said:

i predict they change the director

I think they will too. There needs to be more innovation in this franchise if they want to stay alive and keeping Yates on just because he did the last few Potter movies is not a foolproof strategy imo. More of the same is not whats needed here and WB is gonna have to swallow their pride and try to course correct the best they can, which they seem to be doing with the DCEU at the moment so all is not lost yet.