CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I don't know if any film has managed to save itself from being rotten after starting out this wobbly.

The initial wave of reviews for the first Ant-Man movie were pretty shaky, but that movie managed to comfortably end up in the 80% range. I doubt anything like that will happen for this, though. 

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I don't know if any film has managed to save itself from being rotten after starting out this wobbly.

Recently House of Gucci kinda bounced in the 60s. It never went rotten, but it went as low as 1 rotten review to 59%.

6 minutes ago, Felipe said:

Recently House of Gucci kinda bounced in the 60s. It never went rotten, but it went as low as 1 rotten review to 59%.

WW84 started out strong and then dropped hard. It still stayed fresh for a couple of days before going rotten.

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The initial wave of reviews for the first Ant-Man movie were pretty shaky, but that movie managed to comfortably end up in the 80% range. I doubt anything like that will happen for this, though. 

By this point (42 reviews) Ant-Man was chillin' with 76%. I believe it made a very quick recovery from being in the 60s, but that trip wasn't quite as committed to the bit as this is at the moment.

12 minutes ago, Felipe said:

Difference between this and House of Gucci is that movie had a much stronger sense of being divisive, with some really enthusiastic reactions mixed in with some very not enthusiastic ones. This is noticeably more middling overall.

18 minutes ago, AJG said:

WW84 started out strong and then dropped hard. It still stayed fresh for a couple of days before going rotten.

It was at 89% and got a certified fresh, before crashing down to rotten. I've never seen something like that happen on RT.

• Like 2

rt.pngMan, so many of the fresh reviews have the least enthusiastic ratings lol. This thing is lucky that the critics didn't submit their reviews as rotten.

EDIT: To compare with a recent franchise film, Eternals at this point was at 66% with a 6.5 average rating.

Edited by Lucas

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Regarding Johnny Depp, certain people will most likely celebrate this movie’s inevitable underperformance as a victory, but the previous installment already showed very clear diminishing returns. There’s no reason to think that Depp staying on would have improved things. His days of being a box office draw are long gone. 

If he does another Pirates movie, it's a certain billion. 

If they move with that Karen Gillan or Margot Robbie pirates movies, they won't make a billion. 

Consensus is up:

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore avoids some of the pitfalls that plagued its predecessor, but lacks much of the magic that drew audiences into the wizarding world many movies ago.

Crimes' fucking consensus sounded better.

4 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

If he does another Pirates movie, it's a certain billion. 

If they move with that Karen Gillan or Margot Robbie pirates movies, they won't make a billion. 

That last movie collapsed at the BO and the pandemic has ensured that the POTC franchise won't ever see a billion again.