CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

On 4/16/2022 at 8:14 PM, Menor Reborn said:

Damn, I'm sad that this was the weakest of the trilogy for me. It's charming enough but so much of it just...didn't make sense to me, or felt pointless. CoG even with its clear faults felt more significant and thrilling. 

Agree.

-I think I cared about 3 out of the 10 different plotlines of CoG. I did not care about any plotline of SoD.

- Grindelwald and his army is still so uninteresting for me. Do we even ever listen a word of any of Grindelwald's henchmen? Do we even know any of their names? They got a solid first scene here where there's some sense of menace , but that's all.

-After two movies of build up, Creedence was wasted.

-The action scenes were the most confusing in the Wizarding Word franchise, WAY TOO MUCH slow motion and abrupt camera movements.

-Humor felt corny and Marvelized.

The only positive aspect was Jude Law. He's great as Dumbledore, sucks the material he was given is not good.

If a fourth film is green lighted, it should be Yates last project. Franchise needs other vision at this point.

My WW ranking after SoD, from worst to best:

-Secrets of Dumbledore

-Crimes of Grindelwald

-Halfblood Prince

(big jump)

-Philosopher's Stone

-And Where To Find Them

-Deathly Hallows pt1

-Goblet of Fire

-Order of the Phoenix

-Prisoner of Azkaban

-Chamber of Secrets

-Deathly Hallows pt 2

Edited by Grebacio
  • Like 1

All proposed ideas for other spinoffs don't sound that appealing to the general audience as well 

Like Howgarts founders? Who cares?

Maybe the first war against Voldemort. But Dumbledore-Grindelwald conflict looked like a great idea on paper as well.

Edited by WeThrones

5 hours ago, El Squibbonator said:

So let's say WB isn't satisfied with how well this movie does, even if it does end up turning a profit. What then? What does the future of the franchise look like? I'm not expecting them to sell off the rights to another studio, but then, stranger things have happened. 

I feel like the Wizarding World was always better suited for a (streaming) series anyway.

5 hours ago, El Squibbonator said:

So let's say WB isn't satisfied with how well this movie does, even if it does end up turning a profit. What then? What does the future of the franchise look like? I'm not expecting them to sell off the rights to another studio, but then, stranger things have happened. 

The chances of WB selling the WW franchise are zero. They'll just get new creatives onboard.

• Like 2

On 4/18/2022 at 5:40 PM, Macleod said:

Like I said months ago, this is one case where Warners should have taken it direct to HBOMAX.  Less public shame and more subs!  

And lose money? Not a chance they even considered it! Besides it will be on HBO Max in less than 45 days getting more subs. 

That said time to end this franchise. We got a closed ending for most of its characters. They should give us the grand duel, but rebrand it as a Dumbledore prequel, target it mostly for adults and reduce the budget to 120 million.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2022 at 4:54 AM, Jonwo said:

The chances of WB selling the WW franchise are zero. They'll just get new creatives onboard.

Not even sure they can sell legally without Rowling singing off on it.

But no way Warners sell this franchise.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Not even sure they can sell legally without Rowling singing off on it.

But no way Warners sell this franchise.

Honestly, it's much easier to get new creatives. Pretty much every studio does this when a franchise hits the skids. 

Ending Fantastic Beasts as a trilogy and start a new WW film is my preference with a new creative team and Rowling at arms length, 

I don't dislike David Yates but after seven films, it's time for someone new director wise, I already mentioned before who I want and I think a new screenwriter would be good as well, Patrick Ness would be good given he's also a YA author but also has handled spin-offs before with the Doctor Who spin-off Class which was good. 

Edited by Jonwo

Guys just as a reminder, we have a strict spoiler policy here. I dont remember exactly how long we have to wait until we can post spoiler without the spoiler bars but certainly not after just a few days of the films release.

Edited by Brainbug the Dinosaur

Sorry about that. I thought there was a spoiler thread for this, couldn't find it, so just put my thoughts here since I saw others doing the same. Didn't think I said anything too spoiler-y, but I can see why it needed to be put in a spoiler tag. 

Can I re-submit my thoughts with the spoiler tag around it?

24 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

Sorry about that. I thought there was a spoiler thread for this, couldn't find it, so just put my thoughts here since I saw others doing the same. Didn't think I said anything too spoiler-y, but I can see why it needed to be put in a spoiler tag. 

Can I re-submit my thoughts with the spoiler tag around it?

Yes

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Honestly, it's much easier to get new creatives. Pretty much every studio does this when a franchise hits the skids. 

But apparently Rowling has the power of apporval on any writers Warners brings in. Could be interesting.