CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

I dislike this film as much as i appreciate it. I dislike it because I found it to be utterly boring throughout and I only found the charm of the HP franchise in like a scene (where Newt saves Theseus) . Plus, the characters were very one note other than Dumbledore.

That much I appreciated it because it can serve as nice closure for the Beasts franchise, leave the unnecessary characters behind and focus on the first Wizarding war story.

Like there is an exciting sequel that they can make out of this film. Make Dumbledore and Grindewald. Bring back only  Newt and Tina because their story needs closure as well and maybe make McGonagall a pivotal character. 

7 minutes ago, WeThrones said:

I don't see Part 4 happening. My prediction was that they will green light it if SOD earns more than $400M WW. It seems that won't happen at this point 

I think it still have a chance, Japan will have Golden Week. It will take a hit from Doctor Strange obviously, but there are few releases around this movie, so SOD will keep enough screens.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I dislike this film as much as i appreciate it. I dislike it because I found it to be utterly boring throughout and I only found the charm of the HP franchise in like a scene (where Newt saves Theseus) . Plus, the characters were very one note other than Dumbledore.

That much I appreciated it because it can serve as nice closure for the Beasts franchise, leave the unnecessary characters behind and focus on the first Wizarding war story.

Like there is an exciting sequel that they can make out of this film. Make Dumbledore and Grindewald. Bring back only  Newt and Tina because their story needs closure as well and maybe make McGonagall a pivotal character. 

Grindelwald and Dumbledore with their epic and legendary duel, Newt and Tina on Dumbledore's side. Close in a crazy and epic way.

5 hours ago, Jonwo said:

As much as I like Alfonso Cuaron, I don't think he should return to the Wizarding World franchise, they should be looking at directors who haven't been involved before so can bring in a fresh perspective like my preferred choice of JA Bayona for example although I wouldn't mind a female director taking on a WW film like Emerald Fennell or Jennifer Kent.

That's a good point.

I think there's also the problem that any director who brought a truly fresh new perspective would have to work against the uphill battle of Rowling and the fanbase.

Let's not forget that up until a few years ago, much of the fanbase hated Cuaron and Azkaban.

Not only was it a completely different tonal and visual departure from the previous two films, but also made some very extensive cuts and changes to the book. 

22 hours ago, TerwillikerInst said:

That's a good point.

I think there's also the problem that any director who brought a truly fresh new perspective would have to work against the uphill battle of Rowling and the fanbase.

Let's not forget that up until a few years ago, much of the fanbase hated Cuaron and Azkaban.

Not only was it a completely different tonal and visual departure from the previous two films, but also made some very extensive cuts and changes to the book. 

Azkaban was  a much longer novel then the first two; so of course more had to be cut.

14 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I suspect Warner Bros will request creative changes and the ball is their court rather than Heyman and Rowling who likely aren't going to be getting total carte blanche. 

I think Warners will just drop the FB storyline and come up with a new Wizarding World storyline.

The way I understand it, Rowling has some veto power,how much we don't know.  But Warners will not be giving her any carte blanche beyond what they are contractuallly obliged to do, given how FB has underperformed.

The chances for a fourth FB film are very low, despite some of the wishful thinking we are seeing in this thread.  Denial l is the first stage of grieving.

Edited by dudalb

10 minutes ago, Noiret Jak said:

I think the 5 being a two parter shows this  more then likely is just another BS fanboy rumor.

And you really think that Warners did not give themselves an out in the contract if the films did not perform well at the box office?

The more I think about is, the more I think this is just another crap rumor.

And you tube vidoes from somebody you have never heard of are not a reliable source.

And even if Warners was obliged to make the movies...which I really doubt unless they had a really, really, bad lawyer draw up the contract......they will slash the budget to the bone as mcuh as they can.. That is what studios do when they make a movie for legal reasons they really don't want to tmake.

8 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Si I am not the only one calling that youtube report total BS?

The movie is a technical "flop" at the box office based on what they spent and also basically with critics (let alone all the problematic PR from multiple individuals involved) -- I can't see Warners doing another one unless they possibly turn it into an HBOMax original.  But that's more likely to happen with a different Potter-universe property, I think.  

And yes, ALL YouTubers should be taken as fake news until the trades say otherwise.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Noiret Jak said:

According to me, the beast the 4th movie will be about is my silly black cat. It will be about how he meooows a lot when he sees evil people and then he will be in front of Mads Deep and Law and will meooow more to Mads and thus prove to everyone in the Wizarding World that Grindelwald is evil.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Macleod said:

The movie is a technical "flop" at the box office based on what they spent and also basically with critics (let alone all the problematic PR from multiple individuals involved) -- I can't see Warners doing another one unless they possibly turn it into an HBOMax original.  But that's more likely to happen with a different Potter-universe property, I think.  

And yes, ALL YouTubers should be taken as fake news until the trades say otherwise.  

I just have trouble believing that Warners would not have a out clause in the contract that allows them to bail on the series if the film perform poorly at the box office. Unless they have really bad lawyers...which I don't beleive for a minute.

I think the most likely scenario is they bail on the FB storyline, and do a film based on a different storyline.

Maybe somthink like "HogwarsThe Next Generation" centering around new students at Hogwarts, with maybe a couple of the original cast members doing cameos.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1