CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

According to me, the beast the 4th movie will be about is my silly black cat. It will be about how he meooows a lot when he sees evil people and then he will be in front of Mads Deep and Law and will meooow more to Mads and thus prove to everyone in the Wizarding World that Grindelwald is evil.

You forgot about the deal with Disney to allow a Dr. Strange appreance....

I think HBO max release next week will kill that chance (of 400). I know this could be taken as spin city and make NO mistake, im aware SoD had a disappointing run…but…it’s in some way impressive that this was coming off of a universally disliked sequel, scored mild reviews itself, was ENTRENCHED in drama, and STILL got to near 400 WW. While we’re probably done with this franchise it really is a testament to the brand.

• Like 1

400 Million was not enough to save it anyway.

I think that announcment that Warners will be developing a Wizarding World series for HBO/MAx pretty much put the nails in the coffin of the FB as a film series.

With everything against it I agree the 400 Milllion is a testifment to the popularity of the Potterverse, but point is it should have done  much, much, better.The FB franchise overall underperfromed, and naturally Warners will try and take the WW in a new direction.

Edited by dudalb

2 hours ago, RyneOh1040 said:

I think HBO max release next week will kill that chance (of 400). I know this could be taken as spin city and make NO mistake, im aware SoD had a disappointing run…but…it’s in some way impressive that this was coming off of a universally disliked sequel, scored mild reviews itself, was ENTRENCHED in drama, and STILL got to near 400 WW. While we’re probably done with this franchise it really is a testament to the brand.

Are you saying 650-> 400m drop is impressive !!!! Considering how big the Harry Potter brand was, it should have done way more. Unfortunately they never got it right with these movies. More they tried to tie it in with main potter verse the worse the BO got. 

Still I feel wizarding world could do much better in streaming world. They can dig deeper into the universe for sure. 

8 minutes ago, WeThrones said:

It's bizzare how many people online are invested in seeing this franchise fail.

I donl think it's so much a case on being inveseted as in prefering to see reality.

Reality is the FB franchise has underperformed and it's almost certainly done.

The WW will be going in a new direction. I expect a hiatus for new films while the HB)/MAX series gets a huge priority.

17 minutes ago, WeThrones said:

It's bizzare how many people online are invested in seeing this franchise fail.

I didn't saw the movie so honestly i don't have anything to say if the movie deserve this or not. But it's a franchise that is used doing 800-900M dropping to 390M 

Nobody needs to be invested in seeing this fail, it is failing already on it's own, people are just talking about it. 

25 minutes ago, dudalb said:

400 Million was not enough to save it anyway.

I think that announcment that Warners will be developing a Wizarding World series for HBO/MAx pretty much put the nails in the coffin of the FB as a film series.

With everything against it I agree the 400 Milllion is a testifment to the popularity of the Potterverse, but point is it should have done  much, much, better.The FB franchise overall underperfromed, and naturally Warners will try and take the WW in a new direction.

I think the report was that Zaslav wanted to meet with producers about creating a show for HBO Max, there's nothing in development yet

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I think the report was that Zaslav wanted to meet with producers about creating a show for HBO Max, there's nothing in development yet

But there will be; ;that is the way Zaslav wants to go with the Potterverse, and in the end he is the one who signs the checks.

5 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

I didn't saw the movie so honestly i don't have anything to say if the movie deserve this or not. But it's a franchise that is used doing 800-900M dropping to 390M 

Nobody needs to be invested in seeing this fail, it is failing already on it's own, people are just talking about it. 

The thrid FB film will barely break even best case scenario compared to the cash cows the Potter films were.  The five film franchise plan is dead.

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Whether or not there will be a Wizarding World show is ultimately up to J.K. Rowling. WBD needs her approval before moving forward with a project like that. 

True, but it's not like Warners has no leverage. And Rowling is not stupid, she won't turn away the money that will come from a Series. 

7 hours ago, dudalb said:

The thrid FB film will barely break even best case scenario compared to the cash cows the Potter films were.  The five film franchise plan is dead.

True, but it's not like Warners has no leverage. And Rowling is not stupid, she won't turn away the money that will come from a Series. 

It won't break even

I also need to watch it one more time, but I can say that it has some insanely good moments and that overall, it's the best in the trilogy. There are some things I would have changed, but I need to watch it one more time to really solidify what I think. But my God, Jude Law and Mads Mikkelsen were sensational. And the last 10 minutes were genuinely affecting - plus any scene with the Qilin. 

But I have to say...this film has the single most shockingly brutal scene in not only the entire WW series, but in any recent blockbuster. The entire theater gasped. That scene and the aftermath of it was absolute perfection. What a perfect way to

first show Queenie and show how badly she regrets being there.

• Like 3

On 5/23/2022 at 10:39 PM, ThomasNicole said:

They are not just talking. There are billion articles and videos in the last 4 years where people just ask for this franchise to be killed. Why they care so much about something they don't care about?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WeThrones said:

They are not just talking. There are billion articles and videos in the last 4 years where people just ask for this franchise to be killed. Why they care so much about something they don't care about?

Maybe a combination that they don't like the author and just like having a series to hate on. 

There was a deleted scene in which Queenie tries to leave Nurmengard but is caught by Grindelwald. It happens right after he kills the Qilin and before Yousef arrives.

diretsqxs6y81.png?width=640&format=png&a

This should have never been cut...it gives us more insight as to how Grindelwald deals with her throughout the film. It also makes me understand why Queenie glared at Vinda when she told her "after you." 

Does anyone know what the deleted scenes are?

45 minutes ago, Noctis said:

There was a deleted scene in which Queenie tries to leave Nurmengard but is caught by Grindelwald. It happens right after he kills the Qilin and before Yousef arrives.

diretsqxs6y81.png?width=640&format=png&a

This should have never been cut...it gives us more insight as to how Grindelwald deals with her throughout the film. It also makes me understand why Queenie glared at Vinda when she told her "after you." 

Does anyone know what the deleted scenes are?

It seems they always do this: They cut Lupin and Tonks hugging before the battle of Hogwarts mentioning their son, but still left in Harry's line about him.

The deleted scenes are announced. Strangely enough this scene is not listed. 

Edited by TheBigYawn
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, TheBigYawn said:

It seems they always do this: They cut Lupin and Tonks hugging before the battle of Hogwarts mentioning their son, but still left in Harry's line about him.

The deleted scenes are announced. Strangely enough this scene is not listed. 

The pattern here is Queenie.

There was a scene in Crimes between Grindelwald and Queenie in a rose garden that was cut - which I'm sure would have given audiences more context in the long run.

But such a shame they cut this scene...it would have added more depth to her character.

• Like 2

Also...the actress who plays Vinda Rosier has insane screen presence. She's obviously stunningly beautiful, but she commands the screen whenever she's on. What's funny? Her name has never been mentioned. LMAO a small but frustrating niptick

There were two scenes where Vinda and the other female acolyte would walk in circles, scanning a place before they would attack..thought that was really cool.

• Like 2