CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

No matter what happens, please WB don't make anything related to Cursed Child. Most Potter fans I've seen/heard from actively dislike that story and I personally have no interest in it. I've heard the stage play is good though.

Here's a suggestion: start investing in some animated Wizarding World projects WB. They would be considerably cheaper to make than just doing live-action stuff all the time, and if you do it right you might be able to pull of something like The Clone Wars series (which I love and so many others do). 

Also, even if Rowling sells the rights I still don't see the original three actors coming back anytime soon. And tbh I hope they don't and it forces WB to get creative with the property, start getting more fantastical with it and add a good helping of diversity too cause the fantasy (and sci-fi) genre sure do need it and it could bring it new/more viewers as well.

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, clockwork said:

No matter what happens, please WB don't make anything related to Cursed Child. Most Potter fans I've seen/heard from actively dislike that story and I personally have no interest in it. I've heard the stage play is good though.

Also, even if Rowling sells the rights I still don't see the original three actors coming back anytime soon. And tbh I hope they don't and it forces WB to get creative with the property, start getting more fantastical with it and add a good helping of diversity too cause the fantasy (and sci-fi) genre sure do need it and it could bring it new/more viewers as well.

The informed opinion piece posted above advocates not using Cursed Child, which I guess I would agree with based on the dynamics mentioned.  So come up with a new story!  Ralph Fiennes even recently said he's game for a return!  Money in the bank! 

They literally just made a series called "Fantastic Beasts"...it didn't work out, and by the third movie they all-but-abandoned the Fantastic and went back to Potter-ville.  I'd bet serious money we will see the original Potters back on screen in some form or fashion within the next 5-10 years, regardless of however they spin off the universe further to HBO, etc. 

Edited by Macleod

They have to end this duel between Grindelwald and Dumbledore somehow! How to create new Wizarding World content without finishing one of the biggest arcs of this same world? If only to abandon the title FB and just conclude on the final confrontation (in film or series).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Noiret Jak said:

They have to end this duel between Grindelwald and Dumbledore somehow! How to create new Wizarding World content without finishing one of the biggest arcs of this same world? If only to abandon the title FB and just conclude on the final confrontation (in film or series).

FB four just ain't gonna happen. Time to move on.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2022 at 9:43 AM, Noctis said:

People underestimate Rowling. 

They could throw $10b at her and she wouldn't budge.

Yeah and I dont blame her. It's doubtful she would want to work with the cast that tried throwing her under the bus for a bit of publicity. She really doesn't need the money

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SullyJake said:

Yeah and I dont blame her. It's doubtful she would want to work with the cast that tried throwing her under the bus for a bit of publicity. She really doesn't need the money

Who says they threw her under the bus for publicity? Maybe they just genuinely don’t approve of her views?

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Who says they threw her under the bus for publicity? Maybe they just genuinely don’t approve of her views?

That's even worse 

It seemed like they just read a clickbait headline then made a comment rather than actually read what she said. 

Edited by SullyJake
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1

37 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Rowling has made her views very clear. She’s not being misinterpreted. 

From what I've read, she doesn't want womens rights to be eroded. Strange that there were a few people against this stance. If I'm missing something else she said then please inform me but I cant find any actual transphobic quote on google

Edited by SullyJake
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1

14 minutes ago, SullyJake said:

From what I've read, she doesn't want womens rights to be eroded. Strange that there were a few people against this stance. If I'm missing something else she said then please inform me but I cant find any actual transphobic quote on google

She’s claimed that trans women being allowed in women’s spaces is harmful to women, and has been friendly with anti-LGBT activists. 

• Like 1

The Secrets of Dumbledore earned 2 nominations at Visual Effects Society Awards in the following categories:

OUTSTANDING VISUAL EFFECTS IN A PHOTOREAL FEATURE
OUTSTANDING EFFECTS SIMULATIONS IN A PHOTOREAL FEATURE

Source: https://variety.com/2023/artisans/news/visual-effects-society-2023-awards-nominations-announced-ves-1235491339/

The film was also shortlisted for Best VFX at Oscars and BAFTA. Would be nice if it got the noms there as well.

• Like 3

Well it had by far the BEST VFX of the three, so it wouldn't surprise me. I'm not sure it would deserve a nomination, but I'd love for it to be nominated just to see some people get mad for no reason.

Anyway we all know which movie is gonna win all next major VFX awards this year so... ;) 

Edited by Ed Raven

3 minutes ago, Ed Raven said:

Well it had by far the BEST VFX of the three

I am not sure about that. All films had many impressive sequences, but also some scenes that were less-than-impressive. In The Secrets of Dumbledore the final duel could have been a bit more polished, I think.

FB1 and FB2 also got Visual Effects Society Awards nominations, by the way.