CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

Love Harry Potter, enjoyed the first FB, but didn't even see the CoW and have no interest in this either.  They've just killed interest in the franchise.  The only thing left for them is to wait to do the next main HP installment in another 5 years when the cast is in their mid 30's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebeccas said:

It's shocking how little I care about this and I was the most diehard Potter fan in my teens.

Yup it's the same for me. I was a huge Potter fanboy when the movies were still coming out. But I couldnt care less about this series. I was somewhat excited for the first movie but my excitement has lessened for each subsequent movies. The only thing I am excited for right now from the up coming movies is the Dumbledore-Grindelwald duel. I hope they do it justice and make it epic. 

That being said I am thinking of starting a re-read of the Harry Potter series again (after I finish reading Origins)

22 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Yup it's the same for me. I was a huge Potter fanboy when the movies were still coming out. But I couldnt care less about this series. I was somewhat excited for the first movie but my excitement has lessened for each subsequent movies. The only thing I am excited for right now from the up coming movies is the Dumbledore-Grindelwald duel. I hope they do it justice and make it epic. 

That being said I am thinking of starting a re-read of the Harry Potter series again (after I finish reading Origins)

Literally I spent my entire youth on mugglenet lol. I would've killed for this movie years ago and now I'm just like k then.

• Like 1

i can't say for sure how much this'll make, i can say for sure that ending this movie on a cliffhanger probably isn't a smart idea. just fastfoward to the dumbledore/grindelwald fight that's the only thing people are invested in about these films so everyone can cut ties already.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AdamKendall said:

Love Harry Potter, enjoyed the first FB, but didn't even see the CoW and have no interest in this either.  They've just killed interest in the franchise.  The only thing left for them is to wait to do the next main HP installment in another 5 years when the cast is in their mid 30's.

or make an animated Into the Potter-verse

i for one would dig an animated Potter which would also help out WAG.

it lets you revisit the Potter world without being repetative due to the change in medium and take liberties that live actions are not allowed to.

I said that Fantastic Beasts 2 was a bad movie that got me excited for the next movies in the franchise and I’m sticking with those words.  Crimes of Grindelwald may be a slog, but it sets up a lot of elements that I think could be really interesting if executed properly.  If they execute it properly remains to be seen, but I’m not gonna immediately dismiss this movie

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A year out...they're definitely doing massive work on the script. Good. This series is now the biggest underdog and no doubt the majority of the response will be pure vitriol until release. If the film actually ends up being good, then fantastic. If it doesn't, then just end the series with the fourth. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

A year out...they're definitely doing massive work on the script. Good. This series is now the biggest underdog and no doubt the majority of the response will be pure vitriol until release. If the film actually ends up being good, then fantastic. If it doesn't, then just end the series with the fourth. 

And I suspect someone other the Rowling is doing the massive work on the script. Rowling is a wonderful novelist, but she isn't a good screenwriter.

And  I see that Warners has learned from what happened with BvS. When a film makes a lot of money but gets a negative reaction ie.a lot of people paid to see it, but did not like what they saw.; don't just plow ahead on the assumption that things will be "fine". Stop and take the time to make changes so the next film will not disappoint. Leaveing only one month between the release of BvS and the start of filming on Justice League , with no time to make real changes, was incredibly  stupid.

My tin-foil-hat theory is that with Kevin Tsujihara gone, former WB CEO who was the one to get this franchise up and running and who got Rowling on board, WB decided to not make this franchise as much as a priority as he did and thus this delay is them casually pushing it off to the side in favor of other projects. My hope is that they are also considering getting a new director for the third movie because that is definitely needed and could possible reignite some lost interest and bring in new creativity. 

Edited by clockwork

3 hours ago, a2k said:

or make an animated Into the Potter-verse

i for one would dig an animated Potter which would also help out WAG.

it lets you revisit the Potter world without being repetative due to the change in medium and take liberties that live actions are not allowed to.

If it's canon that would be really neat. I love the idea of studios financing animated films/shows that tie into their film franchises. I've said it many times, I love how Lucasfilm gone all in on that in order to give fans a chance to dive in to the world of Star Wars across different mediums in between movies.