CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If they’re really not going to bother trying to course correct, what was even the point of bringing in the guy who wrote the Harry Potter movies and pushing the movie back by a year?

My guess is that Steve Kloves was a studio hire in an attempt to make this series more well-liked among general audiences since he wrote pretty much the entire cinematic Harry Potter saga.

Of course, judging by ViewerAnon's comments, it looks like Rowling has gotten her way yet again. That sounds like a troubled production to me. The inevitable Hollywood trade exposee is going to be fun. And after getting burned hard on Justice League, Warner might just cut their losses this time instead of repeating the Whedon reshoot mess.

9 hours ago, Felipe said:

Jacob and Queenie are the representation of the union between muggles and wizards in a time when this was not allowed and Tina is an auror. The stories are not separate, it's a war with two sides, it doesn't make sense to have only Dumbledore vs Grindelwald in the story, a war is not made of two people.

Absolutely. A lot of characters can be leads in a Dumbledore/Grindelwald series.

The only way this won´t be that bad is if Albus somehow transfered Ariana´s obscurus into the baby (trying to save his sister), and then send them to America..

Then Credence could really be considered his brother, and Aberforth DEFINITELY would have lots of reasons to hate Albus. 

On 6/28/2021 at 12:26 PM, ViewerAnon said:

I'll be honest, the reactions I've heard aren't great. I've asked a number of people how they graded it on the score card (Excellent/Very Good/Good/Fair/Poor being the the choices) and I heard one Good, a few Fairs, and two Poors.

Even Good is considered a negative score by the studios.

Oh mine.. that´s bad...

Could you just tell us about that thing I wrote above?

If Dumbledore transfered Ariana´s obscurus to Credence?

Maybe just YES or NO?

To WB credit the fact that they're even doing test screenings right now shows they're gonna attempt to clean this movie up, they still got a whole year+ to do reshoots and edits and this movie is likely gonna get pushed later into 2022

8 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

If they’re really not going to bother trying to course correct, what was even the point of bringing in the guy who wrote the Harry Potter movies and pushing the movie back by a year?

Steve Kloves has worked with Rowling for years and likely didn't/wasn't going to challenge her ideas all that much, just try to streamline them a bit, same thing with David Yates. I wont say they're yes-men but they've been involved with her for too long and likely just seem uninterested in making any radical changes to her world/story.

8 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Of course, judging by ViewerAnon's comments, it looks like Rowling has gotten her way yet again. That sounds like a troubled production to me.

Shooting a movie during covid would cause trouble for any production with the multiple lockdowns and recasting the villain. And apparently this movie was suppose to take place partially in Brazil and yet according to the leaks that's not happening anymore.

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rogerio said:

Oh mine.. that´s bad...

Could you just tell us about that thing I wrote above?

If Dumbledore transfered Ariana´s obscurus to Credence?

Maybe just YES or NO?

I don’t believe so. At least that’s not something I have heard.

6 hours ago, ViewerAnon said:

I don’t believe so. At least that’s not something I have heard.

Thank you so much !! 
I really believed that Aurelius would have Ariana’s obscurus into him..

or the Philosopher stone thing about creating a new human or something about him transfering it to a baby 

but don’t believe it’s the case.. 

that’s really sad 

ps: After I knew that Ariana means silver and Aurelius gold I was pretty sure about the philosopher stone theory.. but it seams it was just a coincidence 

Edited by Rogerio

10 hours ago, Rogerio said:

Thank you so much !! 
I really believed that Aurelius would have Ariana’s obscurus into him..

or the Philosopher stone thing about creating a new human or something about him transfering it to a baby 

but don’t believe it’s the case.. 

that’s really sad 

ps: After I knew that Ariana means silver and Aurelius gold I was pretty sure about the philosopher stone theory.. but it seams it was just a coincidence 

I'm convinced that Ariana being within Aurelius is true...at least for the fourth and final film.

The Harry Potter series was my absolute obsession growing up and to this day I still cherish it. I reread the books like every other year and could answer almost any question about the content within those books. I went to all of the midnight book releases and movie showings since I was seven years old. I was Harry for Halloween four years in a row, then went as Voldemort the next year. I have all of the movies in multiple formats, all of the video games, tons of collector items, you name it.

I have seen both of these Fantastic Beasts movies once, walked out disappointed, and couldn’t care less about any aspect of this plot or these characters moving forward. That’s an absolute failure.

• Astonished 1

On 7/5/2021 at 10:27 PM, nick64 said:

The Harry Potter series was my absolute obsession growing up and to this day I still cherish it. I reread the books like every other year and could answer almost any question about the content within those books. I went to all of the midnight book releases and movie showings since I was seven years old. I was Harry for Halloween four years in a row, then went as Voldemort the next year. I have all of the movies in multiple formats, all of the video games, tons of collector items, you name it.

I have seen both of these Fantastic Beasts movies once, walked out disappointed, and couldn’t care less about any aspect of this plot or these characters moving forward. That’s an absolute failure.

I hope this doesn't come off rude, but whats the point of commenting on something you don't care about? I see people do that all the time in these internet threads and I never understand it. No issue with your opinion, just find it odd for someone to come onto a thread just to say how much they don't give a shit about something.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, clockwork said:

I hope this doesn't come off rude, but whats the point of commenting on something you don't care about? I see people do that all the time in these internet threads and I never understand it. No issue with your opinion, just find it odd for someone to come onto a thread just to say how much they don't give a shit about something.

That’s fair and I didn’t mean it to come off that way, because I don’t like when people do that either. If I didn’t care at all about this franchise, I wouldn’t even bother saying anything, but as a huge HP fan, I just really wish it was good. So yeah I guess I do “care” about the series, I just hate the direction they took and really wish Rowling and WB had handled it better. I’m still gonna see this third movie because of that deeper franchise love, I just wish I was looking forward to it more if that makes more sense.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, nick64 said:

That’s fair and I didn’t mean it to come off that way, because I don’t like when people do that either. If I didn’t care at all about this franchise, I wouldn’t even bother saying anything, but as a huge HP fan, I just really wish it was good. So yeah I guess I do “care” about the series, I just hate the direction they took and really wish Rowling and WB had handled it better. I’m still gonna see this third movie because of that deeper franchise love, I just wish I was looking forward to it more if that makes more sense.

I feel the same, very disappointed in how they've been handling it thus far. I can't say I'm super excited for this either but I'm quite curious to how things turn out from an observational perspective; if they decide after this movie to cancel the series or try to pull of some sort of soft reboot or whatever. The HP could really use a shake-up, or at least some new creatives to liven things up.

• Like 1

According to multiple reliable sources who know people that went to the screening,

Dumbledore and Grindelwald admit they were in love. Dumbledore definitely reveals it.

I don't blame Rowling for exploding and getting furious when so many people claimed she was queerbaiting when she previously said it would come later.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2021 at 7:28 PM, John Marston said:

ten years ago DH2 ended an era and made 91.8m opening day which was the highest opening day at the time. Now this prequel won't even make that much in total.

I agree it won't make that much in total, but comparing a finale with 6 prior movies worth of build up to this one singular movie may be a bit unfair tbh.

Edited by clockwork

On 7/4/2021 at 7:53 PM, BadOlCatSylvester said:

My guess is that Steve Kloves was a studio hire in an attempt to make this series more well-liked among general audiences since he wrote pretty much the entire cinematic Harry Potter saga.

Of course, judging by ViewerAnon's comments, it looks like Rowling has gotten her way yet again. That sounds like a troubled production to me. The inevitable Hollywood trade exposee is going to be fun. And after getting burned hard on Justice League, Warner might just cut their losses this time instead of repeating the Whedon reshoot mess.

Is JK Rowling getting her own way such a bad thing? After all, you don't hear many people say they prefer the movies to the books.

• Like 1