CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

8 minutes ago, Felipe said:

After only 3 months of post-production? Very hard to believe they have a watchable version yet to make any judgment.

Well I have zero insider information and I also know this film will suck.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Well I have zero insider information and I also know this film will suck.

Everyone knows why this movie is such an easy target. But everyone tends to forget that the first movie was well received by critics, audiences, and even won an Oscar (costume design I know). Even Crimes of Grindelwald is not that poorly received, having increased revenue in several European markets. Steve Kloves came back to help with the script for the third film, they understood the mistakes of the second film and made an effort to change. Having such a solid opinion of a team that has made 5 films undeniably well received by critics and audiences seems like just blind hatred.

Edited by Felipe

End this series. 

If Rowling had stuck to FB being a trilogy, it would have been done by now. A Grindelwald/Dumbledore epic should have been its own series. 

Ugh, what a missed opportunity.

58 minutes ago, Felipe said:

After only 3 months of post-production? Very hard to believe they have a watchable version yet to make any judgment.

They filmed many scenes that did not involve Grindelwald before Nov 6. So they definitely have a watchable version. Ugh...JK Rowling, you should have just fucking ended the series after the first. I think the second had many interesting ideas but they did not belong in a FB movie so everything felt inundated by the countless sub-plots.

I think it's true the rumours that came out a few months ago that WB wanted FB3 to have a definitive end...plus Mikkelsen confirming that the movie's end involves a huge battle between him and Newt. Yeah...they want Newt's story to end.

A Dumbledore/Grindelwald epic that spanned 10 years would have been extraordinary. CoG has so many interesting ideas that it sucks they were bogged down by FB.

What a shame. 

I'm very curious what went on for them to delay the movie so Steve Kloves could rewrite the script to fix things, then go ahead and finally shoot the new and improved version, only to then still end up with a disaster that needs a ton of reshoots. These are delays on top of delays just to keep reworking every single part of a film's production lol.

I said a little while ago that I thought this should go to HBO Max. They know damn well this third movie wasn't gonna be a return to form and as much as I'm not a fan of Rowling these days WB is to blame as much as her. They drunk too much of the Kool-Aid and just approved whatever she writes.

All that being said, I'll echo what some others here have said in that initial filming just wrapped a few months ago and I imagine they barely have a rough cut done yet and still have reshoots to do so all these tweets are is just conjecture for now, but I'm not an editor so what do I know. I do find it funny how people on the internet will quickly believe any rumor that's negative but had these tweets been "I've heard the movie's actually good/things are looking good" some of y'all would hesitate to accept it.

But alas, we live in a world where they kept making multiple Terminator movies despite many of them being flops and disliked and we also finally got a decent Transformers movie after so many bad ones so who knows who things will play out for this franchise.

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 2

Crimes of Grindelwald was pretty shit. No idea where they wanted to go with that, but this whole franchise has been all over the place really. Rowling should've written out the whole thing before production even began, but it seems like that didn't happen?

Anyway, besides that, have no time for the Rowling hate on Twitter. Keep defaming her, sure. Twitter people like to think they are the centre of the universe, and it's a wonder how anyone is actually influenced by such a tiny portion of Western society. Biggest echo chamber there is. Lots of faux outrage and zero real life results except oversized egos and narcissism. 

Most people who have time for Twitter are privileged folk who are out of touch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BK007 said:

Crimes of Grindelwald was pretty shit. No idea where they wanted to go with that, but this whole franchise has been all over the place really. Rowling should've written out the whole thing before production even began, but it seems like that didn't happen?

Anyway, besides that, have no time for the Rowling hate on Twitter. Keep defaming her, sure. Twitter people like to think they are the centre of the universe, and it's a wonder how anyone is actually influenced by such a tiny portion of Western society. Biggest echo chamber there is. Lots of faux outrage and zero real life results except oversized egos and narcissism. 

Most people who have time for Twitter are privileged folk who are out of touch.

More people love JK rowling than the extremely loud minority that dont

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Lucas said:

I'm very curious what went on for them to delay the movie so Steve Kloves could rewrite the script to fix things, then go ahead and finally shoot the new and improved version, only to then still end up with a disaster that needs a ton of reshoots. These are delays on top of delays just to keep reworking every single part of a film's production lol.

13 hours ago, Lucas said:

Steve Kloves is not a good writer. He had the books to rely on when it came to the HP movies but most of the new stuff he invented for those movies were pretty cringey

31 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Steve Kloves is not a good writer. He had the books to rely on when it came to the HP movies but most of the new stuff he invented for those movies were pretty cringey

He's a solid screenwriter (and an Oscar nominated one before Potter), and has already adapted half a dozen Potter books into critically acclaimed films. That's not just some accident he stumbled into over and over again to massive success. "He had the books to rely on" sure, but you're saying that like he's starting from scratch here when he literally has a finished Rowling script by his side just like the books.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Lucas said:

He's a solid screenwriter (and an Oscar nominated one before Potter), and has already adapted half a dozen Potter books into critically acclaimed films. That's not just some accident he stumbled into over and over again to massive success. "He had the books to rely on" sure, but you're saying that like he's starting from scratch here when he literally has a finished Rowling script by his side just like the books.

yes Kloves deserves credit for condensing the books but that’s all really did. Some of the decisions on what he chose to leave out and leave in were kind of baffling and original dialogue and moments he made up were actually pretty bad.

Edited by John Marston

Was it Kloves or Cuaron who decided in PoA to give that foreboding line about Sirius in the tea leaves in Trelawney's class to a random kid who had no name and was not in the books lol. Not like the rest of the actual kid characters got many lines in the movies, so I still remember in the cinema thinking why couldn't they have Dean Thomas or Neville or Parvati etc. say that lol. 

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

yes Kloves deserves credit for condensing the books but that’s all really did. Some of the decisions on what he chose to leave out and leave in were kind of baffling and original dialogue and moments he made up were actually pretty bad.

There's far more that goes into it then that but none of this has anything to do with my original post lol. You're saying all of this like it's obvious they would end up with a disaster on their hands just because they let Steve Kloves rewrite a screenplay, even though getting critical approval has literally never been a problem before for any film Kloves has written (even outside of Potter).