CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

6 hours ago, clockwork said:

Just read somewhere that apparently James Newton Howard will be recording the FB3 score next week at Abby Road Studios, the same place they've been doing the score for Matt Reeves The Batman as well if I'm correct.

For all its worth, JNH said he's most looking forward for people to hear his score for FB3 than all his upcoming films. 

His score in the FB films has been utterly mesmerizing.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Noctis said:

For all its worth, JNH said he's most looking forward for people to hear his score for FB3 than all his upcoming films. 

His score in the FB films has been utterly mesmerizing.

I will say, despite the issues I've had with these movies the scores have been pretty solid. James Newton Howard is one of the best in the business and I'm glad he's still getting work.

James Newton Howard is a genius, i like his work on this movie, much better that the first one, more epic. This movie was not so good but this score was one of the best with Half Blood Prince for me. 

This is the best opening in the entire franchise! Epic, mysterious and truly dark. The music is wonderful

The last minute is a masterpiece. 

3 minutes ago, Jak Ryan Drake Campbell said:

James Newton Howard is a genius, i like his work on this movie, much better that the first one, more epic. This movie was not so good but this score was one of the best with Half Blood Prince for me. 

This is the best opening in the entire franchise! Epic, mysterious and truly dark. The music is wonderful

The last minute is a masterpiece. 

'Spread the Word' is perfect.

I think Potter films vs Fantastic Beasts films is a repeat of  LOTR movies vs Hobbit movies. 

The prequels might make a profit,but they will never be a popular or as beloved as the original franchsie simply because they are not as good.

As for Lost City being a threat to Dr Strange 2...it is to make one laugh. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Noctis said:

It's fucking insane we have yet to see even one official picture. That's ludicrous.

Eh, pictures in general don't really generate hype. All those pictures they keep releasing for Spiderman No Way Home aren't all that exciting to me personally; trailers are what really sell a movie.

2 hours ago, Jak Ryan Drake Campbell said:

Let them take their time and get us the heavy artillery.

Any idea of the budget for this third opus? I think they must have gone down a bit, CoG was at $ 200M, this one must be at $ 160 / 170M like the first one.

I have to imagine the budget went slightly down on this. I feel like getting rid of Depp reduced the budget ever so slightly by a few million, and covid/pandemic filming also might have caused them to reduce the amount of CGI heavy or otherwise extravagant scenes they likely would have done in the before times.

I'm so interested in the Queenie and Jacob relationship. Rowling shot herself in the foot somewhat in CoG in the utter power she had with their story and streamlined it so extensively.

At least I heard from two sources that their story is significant and that they are both likeable - which means that people understand their motivations. 

Queenie's deleted sceneS with Grindelwald should have never been deleted...especially the rose garden scene.

I really like the character of Queenie, I would like her to assert herself more and be even more on the front of the stage, Sudol is a good actress.

I was able to ask a question to a guy who has already answered several questions on this third opus and he assures me that the pace was much better than the second, a lot of lights are green just if the pace is good .

• Like 2