CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

Oh, please...as if there are enough people who give a fuck about what she's saying about trans to review bomb the trailer. Not that dislikes show anymore, but still.

That loud online minority think they live in the real world with the impact they have, but they don't. Not at all.

Let's try to keep this away from transgender debates once the trailer drops. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

YouTube dislikes are not viewable anymore, but even if they were, I seriously doubt that people on YouTube would mass dislike the trailer on the count of J.K. Rowling’s transphobia. This is YouTube we’re talking about. It’s more likely that they’d dislike the trailer for recasting Grindelwald. 

I was gonna say, isn't there like a big anti-woke chud community on youtube that has monetized the outrage?  I think they're the ones that direct their followers to review bomb movies and trailers.  Its the whole reason for "verified" ratings on Rotten Tomatoes now and in part why you can't see down votes on youtube anymore.  I still think youtube hiding down votes is laughably pernicious and was not done to protect any content creators from hate, but rather protecting certain brands and corporate propaganda from criticism and negative feedback, but thats a whole other topic.

As for J.K. Rowling, at this point I think shes got Eye of the Tiger on whenever shes tweeting about trans people.  You are richer than God, shouldn't you be making the most of your privilege and cruising around the Caribbean on a $200 million yacht or something?

I was actually hoping Rowling would finally apologize for her controversial comments during this movie's marketing campaign. While most of the audience probably doesn't care about the issue, people online do. And online conversations translate well to ticket sales, just look at how much free publicity Sony got for the next Spider-man film even before a trailer was released.

No one feels comfortable supporting this franchise anymore. I don't know why she has to act like that. I don't even judge her views, I think the feminist vs trans issue is very nuanced, but there's no excuse for how disrespectful and bigoted she sounds.

11 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I was actually hoping Rowling would finally apologize for her controversial comments during this movie's marketing campaign. While most of the audience probably doesn't care about the issue, people online do. And online conversations translate well to ticket sales, just look at how much free publicity Sony got for the next Spider-man film even before a trailer was released.

No one feels comfortable supporting this franchise anymore. I don't know why she has to act like that. I don't even judge her views, I think the feminist vs trans issue is very nuanced, but there's no excuse for how disrespectful and bigoted she sounds.

I will say this...Rowling was very nuanced, empathetic, and heartfelt in the beginning and even months after that with her essay.

The hostility she projects now is a direct correlation to the unrelenting hostility and aggression she got from many people online. 

RIP JK Rowling trended worldwide because ONE review said she had a transphobic villain in her new book...which turned out to be not the case whatsoever. That was crazy to see...and the fact that she became more aggressive is, well...not unexplainable. 

• Like 2

Visually it looks great. They’re playing heavy on the comedic and lighthearted aspects of the film in this teaser. I hope we get to see the other (darker) side with the next trailer, but I think this will appeal to a wider audience given how much they are focusing on Hogwarts, Dumbledore, etc 

Also, I thought this was a one minute teaser, so was very surprised to see a 2 min + trailer.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

Okay, this obviously looks good but what is up with them making it seem like it won't be a dark movie when some know what's going to happen? Clearly a holiday trailer...

Visually, it looks great, but they have focused completely on Hogwarts and not shown any of the other scenes (which will be a bigger focus obviously)...

The footage itself looked amazing but why are they cramming the comedic scenes?

They didn't even focus on Grindelwald or his members (barely on Credence and Queenie) and what the movie was even about...

Come on, WB...when the footage looks this beautiful there is zero reason to market it as something light.

It's even better on rewatch and it's a good trailer overall...but it could have been better especially with the footage.

Obviously, a new trailer will relase with Batman because this one seems bred to fit in with the vibes of Christmas.

Like I said the trailer doesn't look that bad, but the trailers for the last movie were pretty good too. In general Warner Brothers has been putting out solid trailers these past few years despite the quality of the movies themselves. 

Of course some of my reservations still remain; the awkward title is still awkward, them still mixing fun magical creature escapades with grim dark prequel shenanigans continues to disappoint me, a lot of characters running around who haven't gotten much development and oftentimes feel like they're being dragged by the plot instead of creating it.

And you know, coming from someone who kinda sorta likes these movies, they lack heart. I totally get where some people are coming from when they say "I don't care about these characters or these movies" because in my opinion they've not done a great job endearing us to the characters. These movies have gotten too big for their own good when they should've stayed relatively smaller scale like the first one.

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 2

Looks...ok. Will give it a shot as I liked the previous two enough. 

So Dumbledore knew about the Room of Requirement. I hadn't been keeping up much with the extended lore stuff, thought he only found it that one time when he needed to use the bathroom.

Edited by Menor