CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

Just rewatched it, and the first half of the trailer is really good. I think it loses its way a bit in the 2nd half trying to mix in the ‘fun’ side of the film with darker elements. Thematically, they need to mirror HBP, or something similar.  It had by far the most comedic elements to a Potter film, but the trailers were the best of the series and captured the mood perfectly. Adding in some of the voiceover from the sneak peak, slowing it down, and toning down the comedy would elevate this. 

The scene with the Phoenix flying over Credence, with the drums playing in the background is EPIC. There are flashes of brilliance I think, and the footage itself looks great. I just think the way they put the trailer together by trying too hard to inject lightheartedness into it hasn’t really worked out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, clockwork said:

And you know, coming from someone who kinda sorta likes these movies, they lack heart.

I think what will make or break this movie is will they be able to sell this movies as  fun adventure of these relatable misfits or not. I think 4 main characters were good in the first movie, especially Jacob, but they sort of lost them in FB2 and now they basically have new group. 

Edited by WeThrones

38 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

It just feels like two movies together, the fantastic beasts part just does not fit with the overall plot and that has been the entire problem.

It's been an issue since the 2nd movie, WB wants to keep the brand name but only as a name and not a reflection of what the actual movies are about. I don't know why they didn't just drop the "Fantastic Beasts" part from the title if this series was going to end up being about Dumbledore and Grindelwald anyway.

Warner Brothers is just do damn inconsistent with the quality and handling of their franchises lately, its such a case by case basis with them at this point.

I will say this as someone who knows exactly what will happen...

They have not shown a lot. Snippets of the first and third acts here and there but they showed a lot of the middle act.

Edited by Noctis

38 minutes ago, Gazer365 said:

It's been an issue since the 2nd movie, WB wants to keep the brand name but only as a name and not a reflection of what the actual movies are about. I don't know why they didn't just drop the "Fantastic Beasts" part from the title if this series was going to end up being about Dumbledore and Grindelwald anyway.

Warner Brothers is just do damn inconsistent with the quality and handling of their franchises lately, its such a case by case basis with them at this point.

I will say this...the inclusion of beasts in this to the overall plot actually carries a great deal of weight and makes sense...instead of CoG where beasts had no direct involvement to the plot in any meaningful way.

• Like 1

judging from the trailer it sounds like Grindelwald will be in even less scenes than in the last movie so this probably won't be the one that shows his duel with Dumbledore. I know they initially wanted this to be a 5 movie story but after the 2nd one wasn't loved by critics & audiences you'd think they will try to wrap up this franchise sooner than later. 

anyway as one of the few people who liked the last one (the ending easily won me over with Grindelwald's speech) I'm still excited for what they have in store.

12 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

judging from the trailer it sounds like Grindelwald will be in even less scenes than in the last movie so this probably won't be the one that shows his duel with Dumbledore. I know they initially wanted this to be a 5 movie story but after the 2nd one wasn't loved by critics & audiences you'd think they will try to wrap up this franchise sooner than later. 

anyway as one of the few people who liked the last one (the ending easily won me over with Grindelwald's speech) I'm still excited for what they have in store.

Grindelwald has a significantly bigger role here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WeThrones said:

Anyone knows how many views the first trailer for Crimes of Grindelwald had in the first 24 hours?

I am asking this because trailer on main channel was 1.2 million views so far. I don't know if that's good or bad lol

I'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to trailer view analytics, but is it true that it's kinda hard to compare YouTube views for a trailer today compared to even one from 3-4 years ago? Twitter and other social media sites seem to have risen more as places for trailers, I think views tend to be more scattered around now than centralized like it was before. Wouldn't mind input from someone more experienced with tracking this sort of thing.

It's a good trailer. Nothing great or disappointing. Looks like this is the film that CoG wanted to be, with less brooding. More of a sense of adventure. Like Newt's updated look, and am excited for Jessica Williams, along with Mads of course. Even if this was utter trash, I'd see this just for Mads. Hell, I suffered through Chaos Walking.