CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

My favorites are the first 3. The first 2 are underrated, they hold up pretty well thanks to how much was done practical. Prisoner of Azkaban is the best. The series gets such a boring look overall after that.

You love FB1, right?

6 hours ago, Noctis said:

I hope FB3 doesn't get banned in China for the Dumbledore/Grindelwald relationship.

I'd be surprised if it got banned for that reason. I live in China and have become fairly familiar with how they handle censorship (okay, they tend to handle things inconsistently), but non-explicit LGBTQ+ content is generally okay (Avengers: Endgame released here uncensored, as did Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker). China's more tolerant of LGBTQ+ content compared to, say, Russia or Singapore; the country does have issues with discrimination and does have lots of room for improvement, but social attitudes are changing (every year one of the top proposed changes to the legal system is legalizing gay marriage).

Also, Universal Studios Beijing opened in September 2021 with a (very popular) Harry Potter themed area. While USB is more of a local Beijing city government project than a national government project, the existence of the park likely helps increase the odds of Secrets of Dumbledore landing a Chinese theatrical release.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, clockwork said:

I suppose it makes sense to release another trailer soon, considering the movie is about 2 months out.

Plus, they can attach the next trailer to The Batman for increased visibility. Assume this'll be the final trailer for the movie? Hopefully they don't reveal too much footage; would love to have some nice surprises in the theater (assuming it releases in China, although now that The Batman has a China date, I suspect that Fantastic Beasts is a near-guarantee to receive permission to screen in the People's Republic as well).

• Like 1