CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

I didn't see a thread for this and this is the one thread I will actually update with casting announcements or any significant information.

Right now, it looks like the film has been delayed from its November 2020 spot as Warner Bros made it clear that they are working on a few things for the third film and would rather delay it than have it rushed out and have the film suffer. Rowling, who is usually a Twitter fanatic, has been almost entirely absent for nearly three months. WB confirmed that she's working hard on the script and is basically reworking it to make it more accessible to general audiences as the studio said that they need to make the film stand on its own. 

We do know that the film will take place in Brazil (although it's not certain whether it'll be the main city or not), and that it takes a time jump to the early 1930s. Most likely release date for this film is 2021. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Noctis said:

I didn't see a thread for this and this is the one thread I will actually update with casting announcements or any significant information.

Right now, it looks like the film has been delayed from its November 2020 spot as Warner Bros made it clear that they are working on a few things for the third film and would rather delay it than have it rushed out and have the film suffer. Rowling, who is usually a Twitter fanatic, has been almost entirely absent for nearly three months. WB confirmed that she's working hard on the script and is basically reworking it to make it more accessible to general audiences as the studio said that they need to make the film stand on its own. 

We do know that the film will take place in Brazil (although it's not certain whether it'll be the main city or not), and that it takes a time jump to the early 1930s. Most likely release date for this film is 2021. 

Clearly I'm nervous but I think the delay is the best play here.  CoG certainly had issues (it also had some great moments), but I think the only thing that will guarantee this sees itself to five films is it crushing on RT.  The delay can give it time for that.  OW is almost guaranteed to be below CoG (if CoG couldn't match FB with the goodwill this won't either).  I think best case scenario domestically is something like 50/170, with the hope that last two films can go out with a bang.  I do think its salvageable, the WW gross was still respectable and in the end its a money maker for WB.