CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

So what are they going with? The German political film or the more adventurous (partially) Rio De Janeiro film? 

It seems that they are going with which better story to end the story.

Rowling's original sin in the making of this series is the fact that she got insanely excited after the release of FB and tried to include the story she (and the vast majority) of fans wanted which was the Grindelwald VS Dumbledore film and CoG felt schizophrenic. 

Sorry, Rowling, but you had the right to choose. You were in the position to make FB a single film. Just should have let it be. And Rowling is the most person in my young to mid teenage years that saved my sanity. 

I don’t have much hope on those movies, but honestly, I don’t see this as a sign that FB3 will be a horrible movie .. come on guys, it was obvious they wouldn’t start FB4 before they release the third one; they (and all of us) don’t have any idea about the movie’s box office 

i just want to know about the reactions of that other screening...

5 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

I do

Sub 500 mil, max

500 mil aint bad actually. I'm not sure too many movies within the next year will get much higher than 500 million anyway at the box office, not even something like The Batman.

27 minutes ago, John Marston said:

He’s being generous. I would say 300m at most 

Wow that low huh? I mean I get where you're coming from but I can't yet imagine it doing that badly. For now I maintain the opinion that it'll at least break even but not be anything that great. Also, maybe this is a hot take, but I'll say that this movie will likely make more than Dune will box office wise, even if just slightly more.

12 minutes ago, clockwork said:

Wow that low huh? I mean I get where you're coming from but I can't yet imagine it doing that badly. For now I maintain the opinion that it'll at least break even but not be anything that great. Also, maybe this is a hot take, but I'll say that this movie will likely make more than Dune will box office wise, even if just slightly more.

think it will do Dark Phoenix/Allegiant numbers domestically 

On 8/23/2021 at 2:46 PM, John Marston said:

think it will do Dark Phoenix/Allegiant numbers domestically 

I am not optimistic about this movie's box office , but I think there are enough hard core Potterverse fans to make this movie do better then the two you mentioned.

On 8/26/2021 at 5:24 PM, Napoleon said:

Take it as a rumor because I don't know how reliable this Twitter profile is, but seems to be considered by some fans of the franchise, and is starting to spread on Twitter

She is definitely reliable 

a lot 

3 hours ago, Noctis said:

Does anyone have any info on the supposed second screening? I have not been able to find any.

I just saw that Brazilian page on twitter talking about it.. I asked them what their source thought about the movie and they liked it, but had the impression the plot was too simple (probably because the version they saw was more adventurous)

It's ridiculous we don't even have a title...and not even a single official picture. They could at least release a few pics...I do believe that a short and strong marketing campaign is in the best interest for FB3 but not even having a title yet is absurd. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Noctis said:

I think it would be a huge mistake not to release this in August. July will be far too crowded for it. A few weeks delay is fine.

I strongly agree, July is not a good month to release this at all. I would even say just push this back into fall 2022 release because the previous movies did good during the fall of their respective years. 

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Unless they’re dumping it so it can die. 

I doubt that, with the 100+ million they spent to make these kinds of movies they're gonna want them to make a decent amount. We're gonna hear about so many other movies changing release dates soon and this will be one of them.

Edited by clockwork