CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

we hear that comedian and actor Jessica Williams, who was featured briefly in part 2’s Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, will have a bigger role this time around with her character, Professor Eulalie “Lally” Hicks, a teacher at Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the American equivalent of Hogwarts.

For what is worth, it doesn’t seem to me that they have learnt.M6 main issue with FB2 is that it’s an overstuffed movie and spend screen time to characters that literally give nothing to the movie.I don’t give a shit about Jacob’s love life.Leta is a fucking great character but why the fuck to we have to sit through the entire Corvus storyline if ultimately gets nowhere.And what does everything has to do with the Dumbledore/Grindewald showdown?Hell we all know that the film leads to their battle so even Newt seems unnecessary. 

Right now of all the new characters only Credence KINDA seems that has a connection to the main storyline.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel

10 hours ago, grim22 said:

Total domestic gross below Deathly Hallows 1 OW? Doesn't seem like a lot of course correction if they are bringing back Yates, the Wizarding World badly needs new voices in it.

Rowling and Heyman seem very resistant on shaking things up. You’d think Warner Bros would have insisted on a new director but perhaps contractually it wasn’t possible. 

WB really screwed up letting Rowling turn this into 5 movies. It should have been three movies and done. Anyway, I think the best thing they can do is do abandon Newt and focus more on Dumbledore and Depp in the next one which honestly should have been the focus of the whole series, but whatever. I have a hard time seeing this recovering. They should just go straight to Cursed Child.

33 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

WB really screwed up letting Rowling turn this into 5 movies. It should have been three movies and done. Anyway, I think the best thing they can do is do abandon Newt and focus more on Dumbledore and Depp in the next one which honestly should have been the focus of the whole series, but whatever. I have a hard time seeing this recovering. They should just go straight to Cursed Child.

I think the 5 movie thing was more WB's idea than Rowlings. From what I understand they're the ones that came to her, specially the former CEO, with the idea of making a film series titled "Fantastic Beasts", she did not go to them first. In regards to Cursed Child I was under the impression that many people disliked that more than the FB movies, although I heard the stage play(s) are pretty good.

56 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

No one should be surprised by this. Consider how the DCEU got started and yet they're still continuing with it even though the quality of those movies has been inconsistent at best up until now then WB continuing this series is not surprising at all.

• Like 1

David Yates will finish off this series. 

Steve Kloves working on the script means that Rowling's original script has been re-written completely. This is really big news and much more prominent than people think. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, clockwork said:

No one should be surprised by this. Consider how the DCEU got started and yet they're still continuing with it even though the quality of those movies has been inconsistent at best up until now then WB continuing this series is not surprising at all.

DCEU has the benefit of being able to use different characters for each movie. FB is stuck with shitty characters like Newt. No one is interested in that. JK and WB messed up badly when they mixed the idea of FB and Dumbledore v Grindelwald. These should have been two separate franchises. FB could have been a pokemon/family friendly type of movie. And the latter a more grown up/dark and grim story.   

6 hours ago, HeadShot said:

FB is stuck with shitty characters like Newt. No one is interested in that.

The whole "nobody cares" or "who cares?" argument has become rather redundant at this point in regards to anything and is just factually incorrect. I guarantee you plenty of people do. I will grant you this series does seem to have an identity crisis, but that can be remedied.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HeadShot said:

DCEU has the benefit of being able to use different characters for each movie. FB is stuck with shitty characters like Newt. No one is interested in that. JK and WB messed up badly when they mixed the idea of FB and Dumbledore v Grindelwald. These should have been two separate franchises. FB could have been a pokemon/family friendly type of movie. And the latter a more grown up/dark and grim story.   

5 minutes ago, clockwork said:

The whole "nobody cares" or "who cares?" argument has become rather redundant at this point in regards to anything and is just factually incorrect. I guarantee you plenty of people do. I will grant you this series does seem to have an identity crisis, but that can be remedied.

I've said it before, but, at least from the first film (as I've yet to see the second), I like Newt Scamander a lot. He's not cut from the same cloth as most tentpole protagonists, and that's what makes him unique in my opinion. I'm going to write a paper about him for my British Film class.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, clockwork said:

the gross implies that nobody does care. sorry. 

10 hours ago, HeadShot said:

the gross implies that nobody does care. sorry. 

Lol what? The first movie made 800 million, the second one made around 650 million despite disappointing reviews/word of mouth.  If you personally don't care about these movies then thats your prerogative but to claim that absolutely nobody does is just plain nonsense.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, cookie said:

I don't think Newt's the problem. Them cramming so many other characters and storylines when he should be the focal protagonist is the problem.

Alternatively, maybe Newt isn't the right protagonist for the story they actually want to tell.

• Like 2