CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I  hope this is an attempt at humor.

it's probably going to be pushed but WB said 2 days ago that they were moving forward with it. they said the same for the batman though and today they paused production, so expect the same fate. 

Ezra Miller's schedule is quite busy so I hope a 2-4 weeks delay doesn't disrupt his future projects that much. 

3 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Ezra Miller's schedule is quite busy so I hope a 2-4 weeks delay doesn't disrupt his future projects that much. 

Maybe this delay will push Flash, which will cause the It 2 dude to drop out.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

Maybe this delay will push Flash, which will cause the It 2 dude to drop out.

hopefully he doesn't,  I want him to stay away from the live action Attack on Titan movie he was announced to direct a couple of years ago. 

Edited by RealLyre
word

10 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

hopefully he doesn't,  I want him to stay away from the live action Attack on Titan movie he was announced to direct a couple of years ago. 

I'd rather he destroy an anime/manga I never got into than a Flash movie I've wanted for so long, lol

2 hours ago, TMP said:

I'd rather he destroy an anime/manga I never got into than a Flash movie I've wanted for so long, lol

Nah, if the It movies are anything to go by he'll do a decent job of adapting the source material. And both It movies are much better than Lights Out and Annabelle Creation.

11 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Nah, if the It movies are anything to go by he'll do a decent job of adapting the source material. And both It movies are much better than Lights Out and Annabelle Creation.

It 2 was unwatchable, sorry

48 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Might as well scrap this movie. It was already looking like an “Allegiant” type film and another delay certainly won’t help it 

I doubt it they'll just call it quits. I don't even remember the last time WB canceled/scrapped a movie or franchise because they sure as hell didn't do it with those early DC movies even though they certainly could have after justice league came out. It'll get made, if due to nothing else than them being in a completionist mindset and not wanting to admit defeat/having much pride.

Edited by clockwork

On 3/16/2020 at 5:28 AM, John Marston said:

Might as well scrap this movie. It was already looking like an “Allegiant” type film and another delay certainly won’t help it 

Really, are you fucking kidding me? The DCEU had multiple disappointments yet everything is supposed to be shut down with FB3 because CoG disappointed? They already delayed it a year so they could work on the script. You're not going to scrap a sequel to a movie that did $653m no matter how disappointing that number is. Especially when they've worked really hard on the script and Variety/Deadline reported that executives found the script to be a huge improvement over the second.

Secondly, this is by far WB's biggest franchise. You think for one second if they scrap this film JK Rowling is going to work with them again? Please. She has them by the fucking balls and no one is stupid enough to cancel it. Stop embarrassing yourself.

If the third movie crashes and does sub-$500m WW with less than positive reviews, then it might get canned. Only if the budget is insanely high. 

• Like 1

The coronavirus creates a serious problem for this film. Production start could be delayed for several months, pushing the release date to 2022, and a 4 years wait for a heavily serialized franchise like this one, after a disappointing second chapter, is not good.

Rowling already did rework on the script, so they were already going to change what was initially planned, but they will need Fantastic Beasts 3 to be able to be sold to audiences as some kind of fresh start, not a straight up continuation of the story told in the previous two movies.

On 3/17/2020 at 10:57 AM, Noctis said:

Really, are you fucking kidding me? The DCEU had multiple disappointments yet everything is supposed to be shut down with FB3 because CoG disappointed? They already delayed it a year so they could work on the script. You're not going to scrap a sequel to a movie that did $653m no matter how disappointing that number is. Especially when they've worked really hard on the script and Variety/Deadline reported that executives found the script to be a huge improvement over the second.

Secondly, this is by far WB's biggest franchise. You think for one second if they scrap this film JK Rowling is going to work with them again? Please. She has them by the fucking balls and no one is stupid enough to cancel it. Stop embarrassing yourself.

If the third movie crashes and does sub-$500m WW with less than positive reviews, then it might get canned. Only if the budget is insanely high. 

The last one was disliked massively by both fans and general audiences. This next one is guaranteed to have a massive drop, especially with the long gap between films. To the point where, depending on the budget, it could end up in flop territory. If they need to make this movie then this needs to wrap up this story arc in this movie, not in two more movies. If they don’t, then this will be a story without an ending 

38 minutes ago, John Marston said:

The last one was disliked massively by both fans and general audiences. This next one is guaranteed to have a massive drop, especially with the long gap between films. To the point where, depending on the budget, it could end up in flop territory. If they need to make this movie then this needs to wrap up this story arc in this movie, not in two more movies. If they don’t, then this will be a story without an ending 

Either that or they basically need to do a soft-reboot and go back to the "wacky shenanigans involving magical creatures" angle that made the 1st one such a hit. 

Add in more cute creatures, pitch it as a much lighter film with no real continuity to the last one, and just try to ignore what happened with COG as much as possible. 

• Like 1