CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

15 hours ago, TerwillikerInst said:

It's amazing just how badly WB screwed up this franchise when it could have so easily been a money printing machine. It never needed to have any kind of direct connection with Harry Potter at all. 

Just have the characters travel to a new country every movie, fill the supporting cast with well-known international older actors and fresh up and comers, and introduce a few new beasts to sell toys of. 

This is what I thought we were going to be getting going off the first movie, because thats kinda what it was marketed as and (mostly) delivered on. But I guess now it's the Dumbledore show and screw any chance of truly developing this world beyond just Hogwarts 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Titan Man said:

IThe idea of exploring the war between Dumbledore and Grindelwald is what attracted me to this franchise, not some magic animal hunting. In the end, WB's inability to tell J.K. she sucks at writing screenplays is what killed this movie, and I'm afraid to see it moving on with her still at the top. She should've written these as novels and then let someone else adapt them for screen.

On the flip side I've seen some people say that they would actually prefer a more Indiana Jones-esque adventure type series, seeing magic around the world and going on some wacky adventures and what not. They brought on Steve Kloves officially to write the script for the 3rd movie, which pretty much means he did a rewrite of whatever script Rowling had already done. WB really needs to get a handle on their franchises asap, it's disheartening to watch their mismanagements over and over again.

Edited by clockwork

6 minutes ago, clockwork said:

This is what I thought we were going to be getting going off the first movie, because thats kinda what it was marketed as and (mostly) delivered on. But I guess now it's the Dumbledore show and screw any chance of truly developing this world beyond just Hogwarts 🤷‍♂️

On the flip side I've seen some people say that they would actually prefer a more Indiana Jones-esque adventure type series, seeing magic around the world and going on some wacky adventures and what not. They brought on Steve Kloves officially to write the script for the 3rd movie, which pretty much means he did a rewrite of whatever script Rowling had already done. WB really needs to get a handle on their franchises asap, it's disheartening to watch their mismanagements over and over again.

I'm okay with Dumbledore having a significant role in the franchise, but at least give us some new locations. It would be interesting to see Ilvermorny, explore more of Europe and America, I guess this time they're going to Rio, we'll see how that turns out, but don't just blatantly use old locations to give us nostalgia tingles, I have the original Harry Potter movies for that.

When it comes to WB, yeah, I really don't understand how incapable they are at creating their own cash cows. DCEU alone has the potential to be the biggest franchise in the world, yet they mess up every other movie. Wizarding World can be turned into another giant, FB should've been their next flagship series, add some streaming shows to that, and you have a decade of secured profit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Titan Man said:

When it comes to WB, yeah, I really don't understand how incapable they are at creating their own cash cows. DCEU alone has the potential to be the biggest franchise in the world, yet they mess up every other movie. Wizarding World can be turned into another giant, FB should've been their next flagship series, add some streaming shows to that, and you have a decade of secured profit.

WB seems to have the opposite problem of Star Wars/Lucasfilm in that instead of not having a clear plan they seem to plan too far in advance and end up having to course correct when things aren't going their way. Don't rush to make a cinematic universe, just try and tell a good story one movie at a time. 

4 hours ago, clockwork said:

WB seems to have the opposite problem of Star Wars/Lucasfilm in that instead of not having a clear plan they seem to plan too far in advance and end up having to course correct when things aren't going their way. Don't rush to make a cinematic universe, just try and tell a good story one movie at a time. 

It's incredible just how much money WB lost by trying to make their biggest franchises into cinematic universes. 

Back in 2014 it looked like Fantastic Beasts, the MonsterVerse, and the DCEU were going to be ruling the box office for at least the next decade.

1 minute ago, Eric Atreides said:

So where the hell does this go? I doubt WB will have three movies back-to-back-to-back for November 2021 and November 2022 will have Shazam! 2 two weeks prior.

i don't think they actually started filming. it's not too late to not go through with it. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i don't think they actually started filming. it's not too late to not go through with it. 

This definitely isn't 2021 because filming won't begin till at least August. Maybe they send it to die in Summer 2022? July 2022 is open.

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

This definitely isn't 2021 because filming won't begin till at least August. Maybe they send it to die in Summer 2022? July 2022 is open.

Why would they send one of their most popular and financially successful franchises to die? They brought Kloves back, they'll fight tooth and nail for this one to be a success.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

A possibility, but WB doesn't seem to be in the habit of admitting defeat so I doubt they'll just call it quits. They sure wont giving this movie a $200 million budget like they did for the last one, playing it safe the best they can. Making this movie is more of a calculated risk than a pure shot in the dark like some people may think.

Edited by clockwork

8 minutes ago, clockwork said:

A possibility, but WB doesn't seem to be in the habit of admitting defeat so I doubt they'll just call it quits. They sure wont giving this movie a $200 million budget like they did for the last one, playing it safe the best they can. Making this movie is more of a calculated risk than a pure shot in the dark like some people may think.

4 hours ago, grim22 said:

Can't put it in Jully 2022 because thats when The Flash is apparently supposed to be coming out, either spring or fall. 

Edited by clockwork

What killed this is too many subplots and unnecessary characters taking screen time from what the audiences really want to see...Dumbledore and Grindewald fighting. That and the fact that Rowling has went out of her way, to the point that she changes the canon, to fit these subplots to the story. Just get rid of them... 

8 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

What killed this is too many subplots and unnecessary characters taking screen time from what the audiences really want to see...Dumbledore and Grindewald fighting. That and the fact that Rowling has went out of her way, to the point that she changes the canon, to fit these subplots to the story. Just get rid of them... 

Tbh I'm not sure I really want to see Dumbledore or Grindelwald fighting anymore. I'd rather them take a risk and tell some new stories. We need rejuvenation not nostalgia.

• Like 2

So I rewatched 'The Crimes of Grindelwald', being super lenient, hoping may be the film will get some better but gosh the film is unlikable. All the characters are super boring & nothing at all except Hogwarts theme work in the film. IDK how the makers plan on saving the series.

And ffs get done with these fucking Fantastic Beasts.

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

And ffs get done with these fucking Fantastic Beasts.

This could be the Dark Phoenix of the HP franchise, tbh. Maybe Universal could get the rights to the IP and make the cursed child film and reap $2 billion in revenue.

10 minutes ago, TMP said:

This could be the Dark Phoenix of the HP franchise, tbh. Maybe Universal could get the rights to the IP and make the cursed child film and reap $2 billion in revenue.

There's like no chance WB is selling their stake in the Wizarding World to another company.

44 minutes ago, TMP said:

Not universal. Of all things.

Thing about Dark Phoenix is that it was known that it will be last of X-men but FB 2 was never last of prequels. I want them to get done with Grindelwald chapter ASAP and start the proper HP prequel of First Wizarding World War.