CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

Honestly, no matter who playes Grindelwald in this film, it will still bomb.

The Crimes of Grindelwald was the most epically awfull franchise blockbuster since maybe The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Im a big Potterhead myself, but that film ... it was so bad. And beyond the pure quality and reception, the general storyline of these FB movies is also all over the place and like not engaging at all.

With Harry Potter, you had all of these extremely likable characters that went on journey after journey with one big, easy to understand goal in mind: Defeat Voldemort once and for all. What are these FB movies really about, what is the ultimate goal of the characters? Whoever you ask, youd probably get very different answers. And thats not good. This is all such a good example of why some movie franchises just dont need so many damn sequels.

• Like 5

T

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

What are these FB movies really about, what is the ultimate goal of the characters? Whoever you ask, youd probably get very different answers. And thats not good. This is all such a good example of why some movie franchises just dont need so many damn sequels.

If they decided to call these movies Fantastic Beasts then that's the premise they should have stuck to. Don't try to hamfist a prequel story into it when the first movie didn't really present itself as such. Warner Brothers has been a circus these last few years with managing their franchises, its mind-boggling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

John Campea reports (starts at 4 minutes on the video below) that a source told him that WB did their own investigation and had already decided to fire Depp after what they have found, and were just waiting for the UK court ruling to confirm it.

Who knows if that is true. Wasn't he already filming as of these last weeks?

This tweet however makes me think it might be true

Edited by Maggie

1 hour ago, clockwork said:

T

If they decided to call these movies Fantastic Beasts then that's the premise they should have stuck to. Don't try to hamfist a prequel story into it when the first movie didn't really present itself as such. Warner Brothers has been a circus these last few years with managing their franchises, its mind-boggling.

As far as I can tell (this is just my assumption), this franchise was supposed to just be a fun little spin-off set in the Wizarding World, but then J.K. Rowling (possibly at WB’s insistence?) decided to make it into a full blown prequel story. 

6 hours ago, cax16 said:

Tbh- this is the most positive piece of news I've heard about this film so far, and no, I am actually not talking entirely about the firing. 

The first Fantastic Beasts movie was a hit because it promised all the fun magical antics of Harry Potter in an exciting new setting without being weighed down by the need to tell an overarching story with a ton of backstory.

The fact that they have likely written most of the Grindlewald character out for this one, suggests that they might finally be trying to correct this issue. 

Edited by TerwillikerInst

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Come to think of it, Colin Farrell said that shooting for The Batman would be done by the beginning of 2021, right? Is it possible they’d be able to find time to get him to play Grindelwald in this? 

Given that Warners is producing both films, I think a schedule can be worked out. Not unusual at all for an actor to be making rwo films with overlapping schedules.

4 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Honestly, no matter who playes Grindelwald in this film, it will still bomb.

The Crimes of Grindelwald was the most epically awfull franchise blockbuster since maybe The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Im a big Potterhead myself, but that film ... it was so bad. And beyond the pure quality and reception, the general storyline of these FB movies is also all over the place and like not engaging at all.

With Harry Potter, you had all of these extremely likable characters that went on journey after journey with one big, easy to understand goal in mind: Defeat Voldemort once and for all. What are these FB movies really about, what is the ultimate goal of the characters? Whoever you ask, youd probably get very different answers. And thats not good. This is all such a good example of why some movie franchises just dont need so many damn sequels.

Yeah, the main problem was not the actors, but the script.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Claudio said:

Good news for Depp. He left this mega-nuke bomb franchise at the right time. When it can’t be saved anymore.

Depp did not leave, he was fired. Big difference.

And this will not help the slide that Depp's career is in. The days when he was the hottest thing in town are long gone. People have just gotten tired of his wierd act, except for maybe Jack Sparrow. Seems to be about the only thing twhere Depp can still put fannies in the seats.

3 minutes ago, Maggie said:

FB3 is filming right now.

Not interested enough after the first two to follow the making of this, but I presume WB waited until after Depp has shot his scenes before sacking him.

ooops, somebody posted that Depp scenes were NOT done before they booted him.

Going to be interestin to see how WB handles this.

Edited by dudalb

Wife beater Johnny Depp. JK Who? Fake ally Eddie Redmayne. Problematic Ezra Miller. The second movie was horrible and no one cares about how this franchise of FIVE (who asked for this?) movies ends.

This movie is literally D.O.A.