CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

6 minutes ago, Macleod said:

"The next Fantastic Beasts entry is described as a three-hander, with Depp, Jude Law and Eddie Redmayne sharing equal screen time."

Haha...no interest, regardless of who replaces Depp.  I liked the first movie a lot, but the second was already a mess.  This sounds like they're proceeding on the same path.  

This franchise is seemingly running the same course as the past few terminator movies; messy and not learning from their mistakes.

And look I like Newton and Redmayne as an actor, but he had fuck all to do in the last movie and got no character development whatsoever. Not the actors fault, but mixing in his character with Dumbledore and Grindelwald never made any sense to me and I know many others feel the same way.

Stuff like this is why the writing advice of "kill your darlings" is still prevalent. You gotta let some things go, no matter how badly you try to hamfist them into a story. If I were Redmayne I'd try to leave this franchise, it's clearly not gonna revolve around him or the beasts as much as it did in the first one. I know contracts can be hard to get out of but man....time to move on to better projects that actually elevate your career.

• Like 1

No issues with this possible casting, but its still just a band-aid solution to larger problems. Too much baggage on this series as it is. It would be nice if they got a new director and writers too but thats just wishful thinking I guess.

Edited by clockwork

Neat casting. Still mad about Depp though.

It is weird that a whole new movie in the Potter Universe is coming and I don't really get excited. IMO, they should (must) replace Yates and Kloves first and foremost. The franchise needs new voices to make it feel fresh. It is the same since HP5. Depp was the least of their problems.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Neat casting. Still mad about Depp though.

It is weird that a whole new movie in the Potter Universe is coming and I don't really get excited. IMO, they should (must) replace Yates and Kloves first and foremost. The franchise needs new voices to make it feel fresh. It is the same since HP5. Depp was the least of their problems.

lol I'm not even sure if WB can name a new director under the control of Rowling.

1 hour ago, Gavin Feng said:

lol I'm not even sure if WB can name a new director under the control of Rowling.

I mean, they got rid of Depp, and Rowling vouched for and defended him when he was first cast. Warner Brothers is the one paying for these movies to get made not her so they definitely have the power to change/remove directors, actors, and writers if they want.

11 minutes ago, clockwork said:

I mean, they got rid of Depp, and Rowling vouched for and defended him when he was first cast. Warner Brothers is the one paying for these movies to get made not her so they definitely have the power to change/remove directors, actors, and writers if they want.

Ideally, this is how things work. In reality, studios especially WB can't make decision as they want without the support of key creative people due to long term benefits. This article told the nature  https://observer.com/2020/09/fantastic-beasts-3-production-box-office-warner-bros-jk-rowling-harry-potter-sunk-cost-fallacy/

17 hours ago, lor15 said:

That was very fast. They want to make this movie quickly it seems.

The longer a movie takes to make, the more money it costs. You allways try to avoid delays once shooting starts. Delays in the filming are the #1 cause of huge budget overruns.

17 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I just realized something; since Johnny Depp apparently already filmed a scene for this, does that mean there’s going to be a scene in the movie where Grindelwald changes his appearance? Or are they simply not going to use the scene they shot with Depp for the finished movie?

If it's just one scene, they will just reshoot it. If it's anumber of scenes,it becomes much more difficult.