Jump to content
CJ #BringBackSadAffleck

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

Seems like they're dumping this. Having this smack between two huge MCU movies I think this will flop big time. 

There's 4 MCU movies in 2022, this is one of the best release dates possible for the movie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Felipe said:

There's 4 MCU movies in 2022, this is one of the best release dates possible for the movie.

Think May 20 would've worked if this had any chance to do well. Couple week after Thor and no humungous competition until Jurassic World. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the title is disappointing to me because as many others have already said and I've said many times it still feels like they're trying to do two things at once. Either make a movie about Fantastic Beasts or go all in on the Dumbledore prequel aspect, that being said this title does go in line with those test screening leaks that were posted here a few months ago. It would've made way more sense to title this "The life and lies of Albus Dumbledore"

 

They did one thing right at least which was moving this movie out of July and out of Black Panther and Black Adams way but I still believe that a fall release is better, that putting it in October 2022 would be a better play because as of right now there's not too much competition during that month besides Spiderverse 2. This current release is slightly better and maybe it'll help things out in the long run. I don't think it'll flop but I don't think it'll gross past the 2nd movies 600+ million, I'd say it'll get over 500 if it ends up being an improvement over the last one, which I think it will be.

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

someone start the Sonic 2 >>> this DOM club.


Idk, not bold enough tbh. If someone starts a Sonic 2 dom > FB3 dom x2 I’m down. Half of the first film’s gross w/o covid cutting the legs would’ve been like.. $80-85m? If Sonic 2 does even somewhat similar business to the first and if FB3 crashes like Dark Phoenix or the later Terminator movies, it can be done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

someone start the Sonic 2 >>> this DOM club.

The second movie tanked the franchise. Will need this one to be quality on the level of Azkaban for it to not be the last one, or to not finish at like 110M at the most 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm...the shocker is the release date. Means a trailer is out soon. 

 

ANYTHING would have been better than July 15, and April 15 is great. So it'll be out in 7 months. 

 

Crimes of Grindelwald is actually a good title. This one is weird. BUT I'm confident this is gonna be a big step up in quality. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic-Beasts-3-Secrets-of-Dumbledore

 

SYNOPSIS:

 

Professor Albus Dumbledore knows the powerful Dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald is moving to seize control of the wizarding world. Unable to stop him alone, he entrusts Magizoologist Newt Scamander to lead an intrepid team of wizards, witches and one brave Muggle baker on a dangerous mission, where they encounter old and new beasts and clash with Grindelwald’s growing legion of followers. But with the stakes so high, how long can Dumbledore remain on the sidelines?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The released synopsis at the very least sounds like it can make for a much more focused film that a general audience might enjoy. It doesn't sound particularly strong, but fairly straightforward.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Noctis said:

 one brave Muggle baker

Bringing back Jacob in the second movie was a mistake.. His plot was wrapped up really well in the first movie. Should have been a new team every movie.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This must mean the second screening of the film where Rio was shown had stronger audience reception because the first screening did not include Rio at all. Or the info on Rio is outdated?

 

The screening info I got clearly suggests the film being A LOT more straightforward than the second. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Bringing back Jacob in the second movie was a mistake.. His plot was wrapped up really well in the first movie. Should have been a new team every movie.

 

He had a great ending in the first, and the direction Rowling took for him and Queenie was very right, but horribly executed. Apparently, they both have sizeable roles in this story (much moreso than the second).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Noctis said:

This must mean the second screening of the film where Rio was shown had stronger audience reception because the first screening did not include Rio at all. Or the info on Rio is outdated?

 

The screening info I got clearly suggests the film being A LOT more straightforward than the second. 

Oh ey can I have some of that screening info in DMs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The released synopsis at the very least sounds like it can make for a much more focused film that a general audience might enjoy. It doesn't sound particularly strong, but fairly straightforward.

I will say, just going off the synopsis, this film may have a better momentum than the last movie. Lets face it, the last movie had poor pacing, that whole 5 to 10 minute scene of exposition explaining a characters backstory towards the end was crazy, in a "how did this scene even make it into the final cut?" crazy. And the rest of the movie prior to that was a lot of walking and talking without much action or sense of urgency.

 

At the very least this movie sounds like it'll pick up the pace and maybe have a tighter story/plot, it definitely needs to. It's been almost three years since the last movie came out and there's very little excuse for this movie not to show some amounts of improvement over the previous one. I'm not expecting it to get rave reviews but it needs to be just at or above "well at least it's better than the last one".  This movie can't afford to get a rotten score on RT like the last one either, it needs to at least get a fresh score, maybe like a 63-66% and I believe it can.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, clockwork said:

At the very least this movie sounds like it'll pick up the pace and maybe have a tighter story/plot, it definitely needs to. It's been almost three years since the last movie came out and there's very little excuse for this movie not to show some amounts of improvement over the previous one. I'm not expecting it to get rave reviews but it needs to be just at or above "well at least it's better than the last one".  This movie can't afford to get a rotten score on RT like the last one either, it needs to at least get a fresh score, maybe like a 63-66% and I believe it can.

It's gonna have to do a lot to earn a "pleasant surprise" status from many critics. They also need to find a way to make it accessible to a general audience (and critics) because hardly anyone is gonna remember what happened in CoG.

Link to post
Share on other sites

From an outsider's perspective, if CoG can earn a 36% (5.3 avg) with 52 MC with such a convoluted story...then this should do a lot better.

 

I said a bit earlier that a trailer will come out soon, but I believe they might go the Matrix route and start promotion once that film hits?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Noctis said:

From an outsider's perspective, if CoG can earn a 36% (5.3 avg) with 52 MC with such a convoluted story...then this should do a lot better.

It's gonna dramatically depend on how much the audience is expected to know about the events in CoG going in. If it can function well as practically a stand-alone movie, then simple and straightforward plotting should do well for it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.