The Wild Eric

Megalopolis l September 27, 2024 | Lionsgate | Francis Ford Coppola's future magnum opus l CINEMA HAS BEEN SAVED

32 minutes ago, AJG said:

critics trying to hitch their wagon on the back of potential Oscar-bait movies

They only do that in your bizarre paranoid fantasies. What's happening is different individuals are responding to what they saw.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Lol that thing about

Spoiler

Someone getting up in the audience to ask a question to Adam Driver's character

is amazing. I wonder if FFC really expected that as part of his distribution terms

Edited by AniNate

54 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

They only do that in your bizarre paranoid fantasies. What's happening is different individuals are responding to what they saw.

A late Coppola film beinddivisive. Just imagine that.

The guy made what might be my all time favoirte movie in "The Godfather" (withe GOdfather 2 not far behind" and a couple of other  great one like Apocalpyse Now, but yeah, his late work is a mixed bag.

At least it will have an interesting look. The production designer is Beth Mickle, who has been doing most of James Gunn's movies and is currently working on "Superman Legacy", this gives her a chance for something completly different.

22 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Lol that thing about

Reveal hidden contents

is amazing. I wonder if FFC really expected that as part of his distribution terms

Spoiler

DoraMaxxing

24 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Lol that thing about

Hide contents

Someone getting up in the audience to ask a question to Adam Driver's character

Wait, is this why the promotional thing comes with a 100 mil price tag? To pay for this?

Maybe, Neon picks it up.  100m in marketing was never happening.

Neon paid $15–17 million for the United States distribution rights in a bidding war that also included A24 for Ferrari. Neon also spent around $7 million to market the film in the United States

Before the reviews hit I figured one of the big streamers would get this but now that it looks like the movie has no awards potential I don't know who would even want this.

1 minute ago, DInky said:

Before the reviews hit I figured one of the big streamers would get this but now that it looks like the movie has no awards potential I don't know who would even want this.

With that one spoiler element, I don't think a streamer picking it up is possible without a very wide release...but this sounds like an insanely risky bet for that. I dunno