The Wild Eric

Megalopolis l September 27, 2024 | Lionsgate | Francis Ford Coppola's future magnum opus l CINEMA HAS BEEN SAVED

Thing I'm most enjoying is reading critics try and make sense of everything and define their thoughts on it.

"Megalopolis is not a disaster, but it’s far from a success. It’s a bacchanalia that’s bursting with so many ideas, so many characters, so many great lines and truly terrible ones as well that it’s nearly impossible to digest in a single, baffling viewing."

"Is it an unfashionable ode to optimism and the freedom to create, a vision as generous as it is crazy as it is overflowing with delirious invention? That, too."

"A huge mess, with a million different things going on, actors delivering performances that don’t mesh, and big and bold ideas about the future of humanity sitting uneasily with unapologetic silliness. But I'm glad it exists."

You won't be able to tell me which of these are considered positive and which are negative without looking. 

At least this movie is giving the critics some brain exercises. :hahaha:

Edited by harry713

One problem the film might have it that both the main charecters from what I have read come off as  jerks.

The Mayor is a Trump clone, but Cataline comes like Robert Moses who does not give damn how many people he damages so long as he gets to build his buildings.