TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

11 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's THE BEST.  I know it's heresy but I enjoy it even more than BTAS.

It's such a good introduction to the lesser corners of the DC Universe while completely embracing the Silver Age era of comics. Pity it got replaced by Beware the Batman which then proceeded to only run for one season

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

My friend flat out thought Shazam was a parody movie similar to Scary Movie 

It s a bit too

Spoiler

meta

for its own good, otherwise, I liked it.

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Most interesting bit there among the fun with fuzzy math is learning Aquaman was "critically acclaimed"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

https://deadline.com/2019/04/shazam-pet-sematary-weekend-box-office-opening-1202588955/

New Line/DC’s Shazamis currently at this point in time looking at a $18M Friday, a 3-day of $47M and including previews a running total of $49.3M. Note late night business yesterday pushed its Thursday higher, so we might see the same again tonight, plus Saturday matinees, natch.

Paramount’s Pet Sematary is drawing in $9.3M today and a 3-day opening of $22M.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Aquaman was not well known among GA I think, it was the jokes people made out of the character that were famous, no ?

Entourage much ?

Aquaman was more known than 95% of all the MCU characters before their movie. 

• Like 4

The biggest complaint I’m seeing on twitter about Pet Semetary is that the trailers gave away way too much, including the huge plot twist. Because of that, it’s less exciting and quite meh. 

Shazam was a nice time at the movies. Took me back to the live action family film (before they were killed off by PG13 mega franchises). 

Could've done with a lot more humour. It’s funny, just not any jokes I’d remember.

Further DL updates

Disney’s Dumbo is looking at a $4.6M second Friday, -70% for a second weekend of $17M, -63%, steep for a family film. 10-day by EOD Sunday will be $75M.

Universal’s Us owns fourth with a third Friday of $4.75M, -53%, a third 3-day of $15.6M, -53% –a solid hold– and a running total of $154.1M.

Disney’s Captain Marvel takes 5th with $14.2M, -31% in weekend 5, for a running total by end of Sunday of $375.6M.

STX’s opener The Best of Enemies is seeing $2M today, for a 3-day of $5.9M.

HOLY SHIT DUMBO

tenor.gif?itemid=5345929

• Disbelief 1