TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

14 minutes ago, AJG said:

It looked like a movie about a post war circus family and their struggles that somehow featured Dumbo. Not a movie about Dumbo (and the talking mouse).

Demoting Timothy Mouse to just a  mouse was an insane choice. 

I would have thought Burton would have embraced the crazy but no, he ditched the wise cracking best wing man ever Timothy Mouse and gave solemn children...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Very disappointing opening for PS if that 23 holds. Hopefully the budget is low enough. 

21M as per BOM. I'd link it but everyone on these boards knows where to find it lol

18 minutes ago, baumer said:

Very disappointing opening for PS if that 23 holds. Hopefully the budget is low enough. 

BoM has budget at $21m, so it's probably fine, but it'll need to have some legs

Edited by Djsoke

I hate to admit it, but it’s looking like CM will pass my beloved Wonder Woman. Still doesn’t take away from what WW accomplished. Considering CM opened 50 million more than it did, I expected it at the beginning. But its drops were always larger than expected for the first couple of weekends. It has stabilized and with Endgame on the horizon, I think it takes it over the top. Amazing! We still need to watch and see, but I would say 80% likely now. CM has been an all around juggernaut. 

• Like 6

Us should be looking at a $16,500,000-$17,000,000 weekend with a $4,750,000 Friday. Pet Semetary is going to come in at around $21,000,000 with a 9,750,000 Friday using the same multiplier as Evil Dead. The movie is more previews heavy, though, so it might be even lower than that. 

4 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

I hate to admit it, but it’s looking like CM will pass my beloved Wonder Woman. Still doesn’t take away from what WW accomplished. Considering CM opened 50 million more than it did, I expected it at the beginning. But its drops were always larger than expected for the first couple of weekends. It has stabilized and with Endgame on the horizon, I think it takes it over the top. Amazing! We still need to watch and see, but I would say 80% likely now. CM has been an all around juggernaut. 

I am already salty that Captain Marvel made more than the first female superhero. But to be fair Wonder Woman came after Batman v Superman while Captain Marvel came after infinity war. I'm hoping WW84 can join the 1 billion club.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2