TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Captain Marvel had the ultimate Avengers bump of the entire MCU, sandwiched between the Part I & II of the decade.

If any of the OG avengers get a part 4 after Endgame I think it could get an insane bump. Say, for the sake of example, Tony and Steve die but Thor 4 in Nov 2021.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

I hate to admit it, but it’s looking like CM will pass my beloved Wonder Woman.

11 minutes ago, LordNox said:

I am already salty that Captain Marvel made more than the first female superhero.

This might be a heretical statement, but bear with me...

IF MORE SUPERHERO MOVIES THAT HAVE WOMEN AS THE MAIN STAR ARE SUCCESSFUL, THEN WE'LL GET MORE OF THEM.

IF A SUPERHERO MOVIE THAT HAS A WOMAN AS THE MAIN STAR UNDERPERFORMS, THEN WE'LL GET LESS OF THEM.

FANS OF WONDER WOMAN SHOULD WANT CAPTAIN MARVEL TO DO FANTASTIC AND VICE VERSA!!!!!

Sorry.  No idea what came over me. :lol:

Also...

YRbo94s.gif

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Aquaman was popular as a joke tho. Nobody took him seriously. Breaking 300m was a surprise 

I spent my childhood laughing at Aquaman. Who's laughing now?

tenor.gif?itemid=5014598

Still me. :rofl:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Djsoke said:

Wait... I just checked Pet Sematary's RT score. Wasn't it around 80-85% at one point? It's now down to 62%, and the audience score is at 50% :wtf:

This reminds me when I saw blair witch was at 100% for a few weeks after the surprise screening then i looked again and yeah yikes

2 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

I hate to admit it, but it’s looking like CM will pass my beloved Wonder Woman. Still doesn’t take away from what WW accomplished. Considering CM opened 50 million more than it did, I expected it at the beginning. But its drops were always larger than expected for the first couple of weekends. It has stabilized and with Endgame on the horizon, I think it takes it over the top. Amazing! We still need to watch and see, but I would say 80% likely now. CM has been an all around juggernaut. 

If CM stays following Rogue One from here on out, that gives it an extra $49 mil. Which would put it $4 mil short of WW.

• Like 1

I mean, I get the idea that if one really loves Wonder Woman that you wouldn't want her to be passed.

But rising tide and boats and all that.

Or, if one prefers, "sometimes gotta take one for the team". 

'sides probably will mean WW1984 will slay when it comes out.  That's something to look forward to, no? :)

• Like 2

Poor Wondy, she was sandwiched between Suicide Squad and Justice League ....

Those odds ...

Discovering Wondy through an E-Mail, how rude !

Edited by The Futurist

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

IF MORE SUPERHERO MOVIES THAT HAVE WOMEN AS THE MAIN STAR ARE SUCCESSFUL, THEN WE'LL GET MORE OF THEM.

IF A SUPERHERO MOVIE THAT HAS A WOMAN AS THE MAIN STAR UNDERPERFORMS, THEN WE'LL GET LESS OF THEM.

FANS OF WONDER WOMAN SHOULD WANT CAPTAIN MARVEL TO DO FANTASTIC AND VICE VERSA!!!!!

Sorry.  No idea what came over me.

Also...

YRbo94s.gif

But we’re not warring. I was simply “marveling” at the fantastic hold predicted for CM and how to me, that leads me to believe that it will eventually pass WW. (412.5 M) WW’s run was the main impetus for me joining this community. No warring or debating DC v Marvel or WW v CM. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Sorry.  No idea what came over me. :lol:

Also...

YRbo94s.gif

Good point. I am happy both Female Superhero movie did 400M... How many Male Superhero can claim that for their origin only 1.

• Like 4

My gold account is out of reacts 😕 

Edit: No, I’m out of reacts because it’s been a month and I’m no longer gold. That makes much more sense.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

But we’re not warring. I was simply “marveling” at the fantastic hold predicted for CM and how to me, that leads me to believe that it will eventually pass WW. (412.5 M) WW’s run was the main impetus for me joining this community. No warring or debating DC v Marvel or WW v CM. 

Fair enuf, I probably shouldn't have quoted your post. 👍

Mostly I find it difficult to believe that someone would be "salty" at CM passing WW, for the reasons I laid above.

• Like 3