TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Not bad 

BEST OF ENEMIES, THE (2019) A

If racism still existed in a post-Green Book world, this definitely ended it once and for all

• Haha 4
  • ...wtf 1

13 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

So the answer to “how high was Deadline” is “very.”     

11-12.5 is still a solid drop with Shazam doing 50.

$14m didn't make sense. The number didn't seem to add up, in the same way the BOM number didn't add up, but in reverse. You don't go from a 1.58m Thurs to over a $14m weekend, and you usually don't go from a $1.58 thurs (or 1.72 Wed for BOM) to barely making $10m, but at least BOM had the plausible possibility of Shazam doing great business and eating into CM more significantly than we thought it would.

When Deadline's prediction of $14 came in, CM was the only one they didn't give a Friday estimate for, and so it made me really cautious about the number. Would have loved to see it, but it confused the hell out of me

Edited by Djsoke
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Djsoke said:

$14m didn't make sense. The number didn't seem to add up, in the same way the BOM Mojo didn't add up, but in reverse. You don't go from a 1.58m Thurs to over a $14m weekend, and you usually don't go from a $1.58 thurs (or 1.72 Wed for BOM) to barely making $10m, but at least BOM had the plausible possibility of Shazam doing great business and eating into CM more significantly than we thought it would.

When Deadline's prediction of $14 came in, CM was the only one they didn't give a Friday estimate for, and so it made me really cautious about the number. Would have loved to see it, but it confused the hell out of me

Yeah, but even knowing their number is too high there’s a question of by how much. So if they were off by 1M and we got 13.2, that would be a great drop with Shazam coming out but not too implausible off of Thurs. With Rth’s Friday I think Deadline will be off by around a full 2M, maybe more.

• Like 2

Couple comments on the numbers I guess

First, SHIT that's horrible for Dumbo. Sub-20M weekend, probably a 110M total from here on out. Yikes, and it doesn't look like OS will be much more than 200M. 

Us is still doing fine, but nothing about its run has been surprising since its OW... it's drops have been pretty standard, but the overall numbers are great. Same with Captain Marvel.

Shame Pet Sematary looked so promising coming out of SXSW. Still, it's going to make around 24M OW, probably will top out around 55M domestic though. I guess the fact that this didn't break out can help La Llorona reach 20M in a few weeks?

Shazam going up makes me happy :) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Yeah, but even knowing their number is too high there’s a question of by how much. So if they were off by 1M and we got 13.2, that would be a great drop with Shazam coming out but not too implausible off of Thurs. With Rth’s Friday I think Deadline will be off by around a full 2M, maybe more.

Yeah, probably in the range of a 2-3m error if Rth's number holds, which would be incredibly on-brand for Deadline :poke:

• Haha 1

I've watched all of you watch movies all the time for years.

The same with video games and addiction

This will not help you grow.  It is important to go outside and interact with people and find some kind of control with them, or continue your life with family and establish power.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 1

7 minutes ago, shouldnt have shouldnt be said:

I've watched all of you watch movies all the time for years.

The same with video games and addiction

This will not help you grow.  It is important to go outside and interact with people and find some kind of control with them, or continue your life with family and establish power.

I wish I could be this enlightened. 

• Like 1

About as good as could be hoped for from Shazam at this point. Nontheless, if it doesn't hit at least 50m it will join the two Kick-Ass films, Ghost Rider 2, Green Hornet, and Fant4stic as the only live action superhero films of this decade to miss that mark on OW. 

Dumbo going down in flames it would appear. Looks like weekend drop could be 60%+ even with big Sat jump. Still a bit early to say for sure, but it's now officially in danger of losing money. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

About as good as could be hoped for from Shazam at this point. Nontheless, if it doesn't hit at least 50m it will join the two Kick-Ass films, Ghost Rider 2, Green Hornet, and Fant4stic as the only live action superhero films of this decade to miss that mark on OW. 

Dumbo going down in flames it would appear. Looks like weekend drop could be 60%+ even with big Sat jump. Still a bit early to say for sure, but it's now officially in danger of losing money. 

Pretty unlikely it misses 50 at this point tbh.

4 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Shazam: A  

PS: C+

38 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

SHAZAM! (2019)A

Some weeks it’s hard to tell. Some weeks it’s not.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

Pretty unlikely it misses 50 at this point tbh.

I would think the early screenings will at least put it over. But we haven't seen a superhero film go this low on OW since Fant4stic, but Hellboy is about to set a new floor for what the modern superhero film can open to. 

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I would think the early screenings will at least put it over. But we haven't seen a superhero film go this low on OW since Fant4stic, but Hellboy is about to set a new floor for what the modern superhero film can open to. 

It's budget is also much lower then most other Superhero films plus we still have to see the full weekend. Could be better, could be worse.