TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

3 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

I remember this bold fonts from yesteryears. BKB2.0? 🤔

I remember BKB was the only dude who predicted The Meg to break out, and he wasn't even able to gloat about it since he was perma-banned

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The “best” solo intro MCU drop is 47.2%. 

(https://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?id=mcuintro.htm

I don’t know why Shazam would fall only 30% lol, unless those films listed were hated? ;) 

Shazam will likely fall 50% like they usually do 

Because it opened way lower than all other movies. When you open lower and have good WOM you can drop smaller. 😉😉😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

One thing I don't know is how many double features for CM there will be and how Disney will choose to allocate the proceeds of it. Kinda wonder if they don't give it to End Game. In Washington I saw zero CM double features just the end game/infinity war. FYI that sold out in hours!

Double feature gross allocation is just a headline figure. 

Basically, if a double feature grosses $5000 from a screening then $5000 is allocated to the gross of the first film and $5000 is allocated to the gross of the second film. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I don’t know why Shazam would fall only 30% lol, unless those films listed were hated? ;) 

Wonder Woman dropped 43%. :ohmygod:

I don't see this replicating WW, but I believe drop will be softer than 55%.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Wonder Woman and Black Panther sequels.

Both gonna drop.

Black Panter 2= will drop domestically, but continue flat or even slightly increase OS.

Wonder Woman 2 = I doubt it will drop in domestic market (the incredible 4x multiplier prove that first movie was loved by  audience), legs obviously will not be like those of the 1 movie but  OW will be much bigger. OS will increase 100% certainty.

Aquaman 2 = may drop a little OS, but quite likely to continue above  $720m+ OS, domestically should remain at the same level.

Captain Marvel 2 = certain that will drop OS (without the big Endgame tie en boost ), domestically is likely to drop as well but not much like in the OS market.

Edited by Lucasmessi12
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

51 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Shazam's performing like a comedy OS, which considering the movie itself isn't surprising. It's budget is so low it doesn't need OS to save it as long as it gets into the mid 50s+ this weekend and has good legs.

Shazam has a budget of 100M. Huge for a "comedy".

1 minute ago, shuotong said:

Shazam has a budget of 100M. Huge for a "comedy".

"Shazam's performing like a comedy" is not Shazam is a comedy m8. Leave it to the under 100 posts members.

3 hours ago, Brinatico said:

At this point Shazam!:

1. Lower budget SHM(-$100)

2. Cinemascore (A)

3. Critic (90+)

4. Fun, popcorn flick and family friendly 

5. 50M+ OW

<What else to be a hit>

Terrible Chinese ow

26 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

What an exciting run full of suprises from Captain Marvel! In a way a metaphor for the MCU's filmography.

Some people might be surprised by the increase on non-holiday week 7 :ph34r:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

All these movies do not have a great WOM (except Iron Man).

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

19 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Double feature gross allocation is just a headline figure. 

Basically, if a double feature grosses $5000 from a screening then $5000 is allocated to the gross of the first film and $5000 is allocated to the gross of the second film. 

Ah interesting. Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

All these movies do not have a great WOM (except Iron Man).

Guardians of the Galaxy, The Avengers, Black Panther, and Infinity War all had WOM that blew Shazam’s out of the park. So did Wonder Woman, for that matter.   

Ah, sorry, missed we were talking about a specific BOM showdown. Weird showdown tbh, but it’s true that only IM1 there had stellar WOm.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 2

If hellboy really does stink and bombs hard I imagine Shazam, US and CM will all benefit. I do agree that some are simply dismissing the fact that End Game will directly help CM. The drops will continue to get better and it may increase week 8 and week 7 should be an exceptional hold.

Edited by cdsacken

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

Guardians of the Galaxy, The Avengers, Black Panther, and Infinity War all had WOM that blew Shazam’s out of the park. So did Wonder Woman, for that matter.

Some are correlating WOM from the reviews. They are not the same.

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I'd like to know how you could know that after the movie's only been in wide release for like only one full day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Those are literally not the movies listed in the showdown, but ok. Imagine comparing Black Panther, Avengers, and IW to Shazam:sparta: