TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

6 hours ago, NoLegMan said:

If that holds the late Legs for CM are really great, The anti CM YouTubers may need to retire after this one.

they still remember every time she gets included in an Endgame promo, every time a jump in the audience rating count and -1% at RT, seemingly one of the few its rather simple to rate still

19 minutes ago, shuotong said:

Shazam has a budget of 100M. Huge for a "comedy".

Aehm, acc outlets it has a budget of $81m

11 hours ago, Djsoke said:

Wait... I just checked Pet Sematary's RT score. Wasn't it around 80-85% at one point? It's now down to 62%, and the audience score is at 50% :wtf:

Bcs comments here, see Pet Cemetery: I am wondering how many people rating at RT realise that a 3/5 is counted as rotten? Bcs per instinct, to me that would be a fresh, as over half.

Edited by terrestrial
lost a quote

If those Deadline numbers hold:

-Pretty good opening for Shazam. WOM seems to be great and most people here seemed to enjoy it as well. It has 3 weeks for some nice money before it will get endgamed, but that should be enough for it to get near profitability. Its OS numbers are worrying though.

-With a 9,6M OD, the OW for Pet Sematary will probably be more like 22M than 24M. Thats still ok, but if the OS numbers are bad (which we dont know yet), it will need some legs DOM. Ive seen it and really liked it, but it will be very divisive for audiences so i woundt get my hopes up for good legs. Well see.

-Us seems to get hit by Pet Sematary, thats not a great drop for a 3rd weekend. Doesnt really matter though, since it has 150M+ already in the bank DOM after the weekend. Great success all around.

-Captain Marvel holds on. Pretty good legs and has a great chance at 400M+ since Endgame will probably more help than harm it.

-Dumbo bad.

Feel like Us getting hit kind of hard this weekend is an indication of how the Child's Play/Annab3lle/MidSommer 3-week stretch might end up, although MidSommer doesn't sound like a big commercial play in the first place so not sure how big it'll affect the other two

Edited by TMP

5 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I remember people telling me Pet Sematary wouldn't have an effect on/hurt Us. :ph34r:

Its a bit of a coin toss i think. We have examples of films of the same genre driving alongside each other, but we also have numerous examples of the opposite. Here it seems that two R-rated horror films coming out 3 weeks apart was a bit too much for the marketplace.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, shuotong said:

Both deadline and bom have the budget 100M.

Deadline echoes/apes/ term? BOM.

BOM had no budget listed yesterday.

Variety has it at $80m or $81m.

The-Numbers.com has it at $85m, they too had no entry yesterday.

Might be a case of agreed on budget and the higher real costs that can add e.g. tax rebates and still not overspend the agreed on budget. For the money giver the agreed on budget counts for the calculation about it being successful.

Hence why so often different budgets are 'flying' around and start discussions at best and fan wars at worst 😉 

50 minutes ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

Black Panter 2= will drop domestically, but continue flat or even slightly increase OS.

Wonder Woman 2 = I doubt it will drop in domestic market (the incredible 4x multiplier prove that first movie was loved by  audience), legs obviously will not be like those of the 1 movie but  OW will be much bigger. OS will increase 100% certainty.

Aquaman 2 = may drop a little OS, but quite likely to continue above  $720m+ OS, domestically should remain at the same level.

Captain Marvel 2 = certain that will drop OS (without the big Endgame tie en boost ), domestically is likely to drop as well but not much like in the OS market.

CM 2 ain't dropping anywhere.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, shuotong said:

Both deadline and bom have the budget 100M.

Only Deadline says it's has a $100m budget (BOM  probably using Deadline as a source), Variety says it's $80m, and Hollywood Reporter  between $80m and $90m.

53 minutes ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

Black Panter 2= will drop domestically, but continue flat or even slightly increase OS.

Wonder Woman 2 = I doubt it will drop in domestic market (the incredible 4x multiplier prove that first movie was loved by  audience), legs obviously will not be like those of the 1 movie but  OW will be much bigger. OS will increase 100% certainty.

Aquaman 2 = may drop a little OS, but quite likely to continue above  $720m+ OS, domestically should remain at the same level.

Captain Marvel 2 = certain that will drop OS (without the big Endgame tie en boost ), domestically is likely to drop as well but not much like in the OS market.

CM's numbers for her sequel might depend on how she's used in Endgame, just like I feel certain Dr Strange's sequel will be boosted by his popularity in IW. 

17 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

CM 2 ain't dropping anywhere.

Will not drop OS ? I'm sure it will drop, Endgame tie en is clearly giving a big boost OS, just see  legs , CM has legs similar to sequels in the OS-China markets. less than 2.5x legs in these markets, is not normal for original movies with good reviews (it is usually more than 3x) this is clearly a sign of endgame influence).

Edited by Lucasmessi12
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, thedast said:

CM's numbers for her sequel might depend on how she's used in Endgame, just like I feel certain Dr Strange's sequel will be boosted by his popularity in IW. 

Doctor strange 2 is sure to have an increase OS, Doctor strange (2016) had no endgame tie en  boost, CM 2   i doubt it! 

Edited by Lucasmessi12

People are still sleeping on Captain Marvel.. Hmm.. No wonder. 

Just wait.. CM 2 will 100% be better than CM. 

I have said it before and I will say it again

Never ever underestimate Lord Feige:worthy:

16 minutes ago, Lucasmessi12 said:

Will not drop OS ? I'm sure it will drop, Endgame tie en is clearly giving a big boost OS, just see  legs , CM has legs similar to sequels in the OS-China markets. less than 2.5x legs in these markets, is not normal for original movies with good reviews (it is usually more than 3x) this is clearly a sign of endgame influence).

Do you earnestly compare a high starter to small starters? (starter = 1st movie of the character)