TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

9 minutes ago, TMP said:

Dave Callahan, screenwriter on WW84, is also writing Spider-Verse 2, Marvel's Shang Chi and Zombieland 2. I think the movie will be fine.

10 minutes ago, TMP said:

Dave Callahan, screenwriter on WW84, is also writing Spider-Verse 2, Marvel's Shang Chi and Zombieland 2. I think the movie will be fine.

All are future projects.. So 🤔🤔🤔

2 minutes ago, Matthew said:

All are future projects.. So 🤔🤔🤔

I don't think he'd be getting such high profile gigs if he was a bad writer. Also, Spider-Verse was the best written film in this genre in the last 10 years, so Sony/producers Lord & Miller must be really confident to hand him the reigns.

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

I don't think he'd be getting such high profile gigs if he was a bad writer. Also, Spider-Verse was the best written film in this genre in the last 10 years, so Sony/producers Lord & Miller must be really confident to hand him the reigns.

Scott Buck was also given Inhumans. Marvel was very confident in him. 

10 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Saturday definitely not gonna be 23 million. 19 tops 

Why no:

Last weekend with a worst cinemascore (A-) less presales and no well critic reception, Dumbo go up 15% on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, TMP said:

feel like BoP will be another Suicide Squad quality-wise, but I'm sure it'll still make a ton of money.

I think Suicide Squad was a flawed concept from the beginning (the main problem being the wrong antagonist) that was only worsened by studio meddling and an indecisiveness on what the movie should actually be.

BoP at least so far looks like it knows what it's doing.

Edited by cookie

In my country We only got some tv spots for Shazam a day before release.And other than that absolutely nothing.I remember with every other DCEU release I would be seeing them everywhere ,even on the busses, and ads would play all the time.Hell on tv I have seen the PS tv spot way more times than I have seen the Shazam one.

• Astonished 1

1 hour ago, TMP said:

It just looks like it's doubling down on that faux-grunge, try-hard hot topic-lite aesthetic that Ayer set up. Also, it's from the same screenwriter who brought us Unforgettable and Shut In.

I don't know about Unforgettable but her script for Shut In is brilliant. A lot of changes were made to the movie itself but her original script was brilliant and some of the best stuff from the blacklist (it even ended up as one of the best unproduced blacklist scripts of that year). I haven't read her other scripts which ended up on the blacklist but I heard that they were really good too. Bumblebee had serviceable writing also.

If anything, knowing that Hodson is writing BOP makes me more hyped because like I said, her script for Shut is incredibly well written and her blacklist scripts are supposedly pretty good too (they wouldn't have ended up on the blacklist if they weren't).

2 hours ago, Matthew said:

BP started Low in many countries. CM was much more hyped overseas. 

Going by your argument Infinity war was also front loaded overseas. Does it mean Endgame will drop? 😱😱😱

IW was front loaded and EG might be even more that why it needs to open bigger to atleast secure 2B 

Its Sat and well have the Friday estimates in 2 or 3 hours. The thread has now 33 pages.

When Endgame opens, that page count will probably be toast before Deadlines Thursday Preview projection comes in :D

We don't know what team up or other attraction MCU will come up with in 3 years so everyone predicting that so and so movie will drop cause no IW/Endgame tie-in should hold on. Also, I think that influence on those movies on the boxoffice of solo hero movies is greatly exaggerated anyway and that they don't need to be tied in to a bigger deal to be big in their own right. after all, all movies success is down to their own merit and connection to other movies is not nearly as big a factor as the movie's merit. It seems to me that ties to IW/Endgame are used to undermine certain boxoffice run(s) but have no actual proof.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

not sure if already gotten posted, but its done in a clear way, so..

#ShazamShazamMovie_2018.pngopening day audience stats:
Male: 57%
Female: 43%
Over 25: 55%
Under 25: 45%
CinemaScore: A

They should have released it on International Day of Women to boost male attendance. Worked for CM as that day had 61% male audience. :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Valonqar said:

They should have released it on International Day of Women to boost male attendance. Worked for CM as that day had 61% male audience. :lol:

You are aware that in numbers CM had roughly the same count as e.g. WW? Not sure if that would have influenced Shazam!, but I guess this was a joke anyway ;)

7 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

You are aware that in numbers CM had roughly the same count as e.g. WW? Not sure if that would have influenced Shazam!, but I guess this was a joke anyway ;)

yes, of course that bigger opening makes that attendance bigger in dollars/ticket sales. IW had even bigger female attendance when you convert 30something % into dollars/tickets for 257M OW. 

I just think it's hilarious that men hijacked a holiday for women. :lol:

Edited by Valonqar

Just now, Matthew said:

Yeah. Over Confidence 

No, she didn't fire them, because Allan Heinberg was never employed on Wonder Woman 1984 in the first place. That's like saying Sony fired Phil Lord from Spider-Verse 2 because he's not writing it.

• Like 1