TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

8 minutes ago, baumer said:

Us drops 58% if that number holds. More proof that the film is not really connecting with audiences. It's way too weird in my opinion way too many potholes in my opinion, actually that was not an opinion that's a fact lol. So it doesn't surprise me see the third weekend drop be quite large.

I think that number will go up a bit but your point stands. That said, I do think no folks mostly liked it just nowhere near as much as Get Out. More of a mixed to positive reaction from the GA.

3 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Yeah, $20.5M - so started at $18M Friday on Deadline, then $18.9M, then $20M...and now officially $20.5M:)...$60M (with early previews), here we come:)...

EDIT: Also known as $5-$10M off Aquaman's opening weekend (which I said Thursday?) - go ahead, Deadline, you can hire me now:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Yeah, $20.5M - so started at $18M Friday on Deadline, then $18.9M, then $20M...and now officially $20.5M:)...$60M (with early previews), here we come:)...

So $15m true Friday.

Thinking weekend is low 50s + the $3m extra; should be in the 55-58 range by end of business Sunday 

5 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

I don’t know, baumer! Wouldn’t competition be as likely a factor? Halloween 2018 had larger drops in all three of its first weekends. I really liked Us. I thought it was unique and thought provoking. I do understand that It isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. 

All films have competition. When does competition ever really play a factor? there's never going to be a weekend or two weekends where movies don't come out. Go look at get out. If audiences were liking the film more then it wouldn't drop as much as it is. Plain and simple.

and I don't think Halloween was quite liked as much as everybody says it was either. It was also very front-loaded because there's a massive rush out to see it.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Pikachu is gonna do 150 million OW, 50 million above long term tracking and people will call it a failure. Just watch.

Not really. Again the vast majority are joking like we’ve done for many flicks before but for some reason people get more bent out of shape.

In fact a $150M OW would be pretty fucking excellent.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming. I think you’re right in the ballpark for preview range, $150M Thursday seems good.

If CM's number holds, it'd by +119.6% from Thursday, its best Friday increase of its run (and after it's best Tuesday increase and best Wednesday drop).  Looks like it'll get around 13M, as Deadline predicts.  A very strong sub-40% drop when faced with another CBM opening.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Not really. Again the vast majority are joking like we’ve done for many flicks before but for some reason people get more bent out of shape.

In fact a $150M OW would be pretty fucking excellent.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming. I think you’re right in the ballpark for preview range, $150M Thursday seems good.

Just the craziest who insist 1.5 billion WW is the floor.

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Good for Shazam! considering it’s budget, should probably have an OW around $51M-$53M without previews

I had it at 52-53 with 20 so the extra .5 bumps me to 53-54

9 hours ago, TMP said:

If racism still existed in a post-Green Book world, this definitely ended it once and for all

Nah, Best of Enemies isn't even the big "black and white people coming together" pop culture moment of the weekend, that's clearly Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus on the "Old Town Road" remix. Sorry, Cookie! :D

Good number for Shazam, I remember the days before early Friday numbers, so Deadline is better than nothing but people forget they aren't always 100% accurate and jump to way too many conclusions about the weekend based on ultimately flawed data.

• Like 2