TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

40 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This opened with $70M while Get Out opened with $30M. Plus the horror genre is as notorious for being frontloaded as funnybook movies, if not more so. And another horror film opened this weekend. It's having a great run.

Definitely. But, no doubt many expected somewhat better legs given the acclaim, early weekday numbers after a huge OW too. Seems to be coming in below what just about every box office tracking site projected for the second consecutive weekend.

Dumbo dropping. it isn't really a big surprise. I seen it;. it is so lifeless, drab with little to no spectacle. Where is the color in this movie? It is a circus. Even the pink elephants was underwhelming. Dumbo himself is just a big prop despite his name being in there.

At least there is no racist crows so there is that.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21
  • Disbelief 1

If Shazam has indeed been a crucial aspect of why Dumbo dropped this hard, it lends credence to what many of us have been saying for so long: Shazam will be a crowd-pleasing family favorite that will be able to happily coexist with Avengers: Endgame. Obviously, EG will destroy the Billy Batson tale in terms of sheer overall box office, but both films will keep audiences happy with each providing a very different fix of superhero awesomeness.

11 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

Dumbo dropping. it isn't really a big surprise. I seen it;. it is so lifeless, drab with little to no spectacle. Where is the color in this movie? It is a circus. Even the pink elephants was underwhelming. Dumbo himself is just a big prop despite his name being in there.

At least there is no racist crows so there is that.

Um, Dumbo is a visual treat, I have no idea what you mean. It's clearly getting hurt by Shazam !, that's it. 

2 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

If Shazam has indeed been a crucial aspect of why Dumbo dropped this hard, it lends credence to what many of us have been saying for so long: Shazam will be a crowd-pleasing family favorite that will be able to happily coexist with Avengers: Endgame. Obviously, EG will destroy the Billy Batson tale in terms of sheer overall box office, but both films will keep audiences happy with each providing a very different fix of superhero awesomeness.

i think that is probably that but also Dumbo's own problems. I myself didn't like the movie and it seems like the audience agrees.

3 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Um, Dumbo is a visual treat, I have no idea what you mean. It's clearly getting hurt by Shazam !, that's it. 

i don't agree.  i personally think it the movie looks lifeless and has no color. the cgi on dumbo is good though.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

i think that is probably that but also Dumbo's own problems. I myself didn't like the movie and it seems like the audience agrees.

It was depressing, dark, sad, grim, etc for like 100+ minutes. Focused so hard on the fading life of the circus and made everything seem as bleak as possible. That combined with a way too long a of film made it a failure imo.